Home AMX User Forum AMXForums Archive Threads AMX Applications and Solutions VisualArchitect

VisualArchitect v1.3 Release September 24, 2007

(Available via Web Update or by searching the InConcert Resource Center)
This software is free to Authorized AMX Dealers and Independent Programmers and is available thru your AMX sales representative. For Domestic Dealers, place an order for NSS-VA, FG3002-21, to receive a CD with MSRP pricing in U.S. dollars. International dealers should order NSS-VA-INTL, FG3002-21INTL, and contact your regional distributor for the MSRP pricing file in your local currency.

New Features:

Support for Radia Eclipse lighting systems
Basic support for variables in CodeBuilder programming
UI-specific programming to define the behavior of a button on a single user interface instead of the default system-wide programming
Support for programming external buttons in CodeBuilder for applicable user interface devices
Ability to remove included accessories from the system diagram
Ability to customize the UI pages for Feature and Sub-Feature template elements
Automatic prompting for prerequisite devices
And much more...

Comments

• Doug,

What happened to the Khaki touch panel template? It was one of my favorites.

Any way to get it back?
  • jjamesjjames Posts: 2,908
    Cool!

Thanks Doug (and AMX) for the update. I've yet to really dive into it, but did also notice that the Khaki theme was gone too. Not a big deal to me, but it did make me wonder what happened to it. I also noticed that when updating it removed a "custom" device I added through modifying the XML. No big deal I guess, I can add it later if I need.

Now, where's our NS2 update? ;)
  • Add relay devices in Visual Architect 1.3

Hi,

i need add to relay devices in the new version like ecran. It can possible?

Thanks
  • Khaki Templates

Yes, we like the Khaki templates too! It was necessary to focus on one template and Highlights was chosen. Now that one template is complete, we can add more.
  • Adding Relay Devices in VA

You may easily control a device that is actuated by relays using VA's CodeBuilder. Under any button push, a NetLinx relay may be opened or closed. If you have a device with Relay outputs that has a serial, IP, or IR interface, you may add a new device using IR Capture or Control Strings Definition. If this is not what you are trying to do, please explain.
    Thanks!
  • My case
    Doug Hall wrote:
    You may easily control a device that is actuated by relays using VA's CodeBuilder. Under any button push, a NetLinx relay may be opened or closed. If you have a device with Relay outputs that has a serial, IP, or IR interface, you may add a new device using IR Capture or Control Strings Definition. If this is not what you are trying to do, please explain.
    Thanks!

Hi Doug,

i have IN3100 controler and i need to add a electric ecran using a relay on/off state (down/up). I try add a new device in the Control string definition but in the list to communicate i see IP, Serial, IR i dont see relay.

I try the use the tech note http://www.amx.com/techsupport/techNote.asp?id=789 but i miss the final steep.

Please can you explain me how add the relay port 1 in the IN3100.

I Have a Modero 7500.

Thanks all.
  • ThandoThando Posts: 1
    UDM1604 and CodeBuilder

Hi,

I am trying to control the UDM1604 via RS232 using Code Builder in VA. Is there anyone out there who has successfully done this because i had a few problems with 1.2.

If so, please help!
  • a problem encountered while generating system code

Dear All
    Any one happen to come across this error?
    Even in an extremely small design
    NI2100
    MVP7500
    Polycom VSX8000

Please help.
    Regards
  • DHawthorneDHawthorne Posts: 4,584
    alvinyow wrote:
    Dear All
    Any one happen to come across this error?
    Even in an extremely small design
    NI2100
    MVP7500
    Polycom VSX8000

Please help.
    Regards

I've had it once or twice in previous versions (I don't really use VA, I just poke around with it sometimes to see if it has got to the point where it is useful to me yet). I have been able to resolve it by saving everything, restarting the computer, then re-compiling immediately without making any project changes.
  • Dear
    Even numerous restart of my pc. Still no avail.
    I can't use this at all esp when compiling to system code.
    Whereas to generate touch panel TP4 file, another problem is requested to close the VA application.
    The software seems working fine but when it comes to compile it to TP4 or axs file. It generate the problem.
  • VA Error

Based on the information that you supplied, I have created a successful project. In order to troubleshoot the problem, more information is necessary like: What is the error you received? What is the current version of VA that you have installed? (should be 1.3.0.169)
    A few tips to insure that you can compile:
    1) Did you assign an IP address to the master under NI-2100 Properties?
    2) Did you create navigation to the Polycom in the MVP-7500 Tab?
    It may be quicker if you contact AMX Tech Support but it would be nice to have the results posted for others on the forum. Please let me know how I can help.
    Doug Hall
    AMX Product Management
  • Based on the information that you supplied, I have created a successful project. In order to troubleshoot the problem, more information is necessary like: What is the error you received? What is the current version of VA that you have installed? (should be 1.3.0.169)
    YES....THE LATEST VERSION
    A few tips to insure that you can compile:
    1) Did you assign an IP address to the master under NI-2100 Properties?
    YES.....I DID (192.168.0.100)
    2) Did you create navigation to the Polycom in the MVP-7500 Tab?
    YES.....DONE
    It may be quicker if you contact AMX Tech Support but it would be nice to have the results posted for others on the forum. Please let me know how I can help.
    SURE WILL TRY TO CONSULT THEM AND IF THE PROBLEM FIX.....WILL POST IT HERE.
    MANY THANKS.....

Doug Hall
    AMX Product Management
  • wengerpwengerp Posts: 29
    alvinyow,

we've been working quite a lot with VA lately - mostly successful. However, once or twice we've also came across a similar error situation as you described in your post.

What I would do is to check the VA log files ("CodeGen.log" and "compileroutput.txt" usually in the base directory of your project). Furthermore make sure that you haven't opened one of the files that are to be generated in TP4 or NS2 (to be sure close these applications prior to generating the code). Did you also try to just generate but not transfer the files? What template did you use? Did you change the template or is it a stock AMX one? In case you want to change the template be careful with deleting pages or buttons that are already used in the project (changing or adding elements is usually no problem).

In our case we had to delete one of the "feature pages" and re-add it to solve the problem. This was due to a change in the template.

Patrick
  • Help!!
    Doug Hall wrote:
    (Available via Web Update or by searching the InConcert Resource Center)
    This software is free to Authorized AMX Dealers and Independent Programmers and is available thru your AMX sales representative. For Domestic Dealers, place an order for NSS-VA, FG3002-21, to receive a CD with MSRP pricing in U.S. dollars. International dealers should order NSS-VA-INTL, FG3002-21INTL, and contact your regional distributor for the MSRP pricing file in your local currency.

New Features:

Support for Radia Eclipse lighting systems
    Basic support for variables in CodeBuilder programming
    UI-specific programming to define the behavior of a button on a single user interface instead of the default system-wide programming
    Support for programming external buttons in CodeBuilder for applicable user interface devices
    Ability to remove included accessories from the system diagram
    Ability to customize the UI pages for Feature and Sub-Feature template elements
    Automatic prompting for prerequisite devices
    And much more...

I have concern regarding the newest Visual Architect

some of the devices (MAX Servers, Radia and Etc.) disappear when save .vap file and its re-opened.