Home AMX User Forum AMXForums Archive Threads Tips and Tricks

MVP-8400 with WDS

I'm wondering what height do you guys use, when installing the WDS for the MVP-8400. I usually install the in-wall TPs to a height between 54" to 60" from the floor to the bottom of the panel, but I would like to here others opinion.

Comments

• As close to her eye level as I can get away with.
  • DHawthorneDHawthorne Posts: 4,584
    About 6" above standard switch height. That's low enough that kids and short people can see it, but not so low that a tall person has to hunch over. It also blends better esthetically with the light switches, if they exist (and generally, we try to place them in the same place anyway).

"Eye level" is just too hard to determine if it's used by a lot of people ... fine if the customer is single and lives alone though :).
  • One thing to be aware of is that if you hang them too far off eye level (too low or too high) the graphics and text on the panel becomes difficult to see. The viewing angle seems to be pretty narrow. There really needs to be some sort of contrast control or angle adjustment on the panel.

--John
  • we usually mount above sea level but below eye level
  • In the commercial world, you have to mount it according to the American's With Disabilities Act...something to keep in mind, even in a home.
  • mpullinmpullin Posts: 949
    In the commercial world, you have to mount it according to the American's With Disabilities Act...something to keep in mind, even in a home.

Do we programmers also have to provide a braille back end?
  • DHawthorneDHawthorne Posts: 4,584
    mpullin wrote:
    Do we programmers also have to provide a braille back end?

My bank has an ATM with a Braille marked keypad, a headphone jack, and a big sign that says, "For Vehicular Use Only."
  • ericmedleyericmedley Posts: 4,177
    This brings up a discussion I have a lot with our installers pertaining to this issue.

As you may know, LCD displays typically have a wider usable viewing angle from side to side vs. top to bottom. I've always felt that in most cases, the users tend to stand or hold the panel right in front of them. So, the side-to-side viewing angle doesn't need to be as wide as say a LCD TV or other display device. However, the verticle viewing angle on a touch panel is quite often quite wide. (From kids to very tall adults.)

I wish they could orient the LCD screen material in touch panels 90 degrees so that the widest viewing angle was top to bottom as apposed to side to side.

the screen material can be oriented either way. It's just optimal for most viewing devices to have the widest angle from side to side.
  • ColinColin Posts: 51
    Orientation

Well, what would be good is if you could edit the panels orientation as in "Portrait" vs "Landscape" therefore no hardware change is required purely a software solution.