Home AMX User Forum AMXForums Archive Threads AMX Hardware MAX by AMX
Options

Just an update on the new MAX Firmware/DB

Hello all,
Just a note to let all who have been waiting for the new Firmware/Database update to come out, it's now here. You have to download a couple enormous files. You'll have to burn them out to a DVD and CD and go onsite to help load them onto the MAX while tech support works their magic.

As I understand, the MAXs will automatically update firmware and database fixes themselves and the new meta data/cover art lookup is Grace Note.

Just an FYI...
later
eric

Comments

• Options
    Has anyone done this and noticed an improvement in meta data? I updated ours (it was two versions behind) - unfortunately metadata seems bad as ever and of the three AVPs hooked up at least one is always falling offline! Someday...

Curt
  • Options
    ericmedleyericmedley Posts: 4,177
    TrikinCurt wrote:
    Has anyone done this and noticed an improvement in meta data? I updated ours (it was two versions behind) - unfortunately metadata seems bad as ever and of the three AVPs hooked up at least one is always falling offline! Someday...

Curt

I'm still waiting on the real DVD and CD to come from Dallas. We didn't have anything at the shop that could burn the images.

What you're saying, however, is bad news. The major customer complaint is bad/mising database stuff. (Insert silly cartoon trombone lick here)
  • Options
    They performed the upgrade online for us - the DVD part is just a raid upgrade and motherboard upgrade - I have not done that part yet but I can't see it making a huge difference.

At the very least tv episodes are still an absolute joke, no chapter information, bookmarks, or anything that makes the digital part handy. That and my AVPs are still falling offline.
  • Options
    ericmedleyericmedley Posts: 4,177
    TrikinCurt wrote:
    They performed the upgrade online for us - the DVD part is just a raid upgrade and motherboard upgrade - I have not done that part yet but I can't see it making a huge difference.

At the very least tv episodes are still an absolute joke, no chapter information, bookmarks, or anything that makes the digital part handy. That and my AVPs are still falling offline.

Forutnately for us, we only have 2 systems doing video. (Don't get me started on AVMs and Runco Dispalys...) However, we do have several music-only systems. I"m hoping against all hope that the new firmware/data base/online music search does a better job with search/meta data/cover art than what's been going on thus far.

We'll see...
  • Options
    MAX Firmware

I admit I haven't used MAX extensively since the firmware update but I have noticed an improvement in DVD lookups. One thing to note is the database still seems about 5-7 days behind release date. ie, load a movie on new release Tuesday and it goes unrecognized till the weekend. Funny thing is I thought MAX was using AMG for both cd and DVD and the same DVD's are recognized by VideoReQuest(uses AMG). Hmmmm....