Home AMX User Forum AMX General Discussion
Options

Universal IR Learner ? Know Engo Product ?

Hi,

I just discovered that product that looks very interesting when you work both on AMX and C* systems. Would someone have already used it ? and know if it works well ?

http://engo.com/productdetail.aspx?p=1001

Thanks

Vinc

Comments

• Options
    ekeppelekeppel Posts: 37
    An old black and white Philips Pronto remote works well also. You can get one on eBay for around $50 (or maybe even less now). Just download the ProntoEdit software and you're good to go. It's a bit slower to use, since you have to cut and paste the actual HEX code instead of learning it directly into IREdit, but I have used them in a pinch when I didn't have an IRIS with me.

--Eric
  • Options
    yuriyuri Posts: 861
    looks very nice.
    The option to use it for AMX and ******** is very nice, so i don't have to carry 2 units with me all the time...
  • Options
    vincenvincen Posts: 526
    ekeppel wrote:
    An old black and white Philips Pronto remote works well also. You can get one on eBay for around $50 (or maybe even less now). Just download the ProntoEdit software and you're good to go. It's a bit slower to use, since you have to cut and paste the actual HEX code instead of learning it directly into IREdit, but I have used them in a pinch when I didn't have an IRIS with me.

Thanks for the tip Eric but I'm looking for a simple and quick way to do :)
  • Options
    nickmnickm Posts: 152
    There's a software program out there called Vert. I believe it is available from RemoteCentral. Anyway, it very conveniently and successfully converts AMX ir files to the other guys and vice-versa. This is very handy if you work on both and only have one type of IR learner.
  • Options
    yuriyuri Posts: 861
    nickm wrote:
    There's a software program out there called Vert. I believe it is available from RemoteCentral. Anyway, it very conveniently and successfully converts AMX ir files to the other guys and vice-versa. This is very handy if you work on both and only have one type of IR learner.

again, nice :D
  • Options
    sling100sling100 Posts: 123
    I've just bought one so I'll let you know how I get on. The IRIS I've got is just huge and you need external PSU etc etc so I'm quite excited by this little thing.

Simon
  • Options
    vincenvincen Posts: 526
    sling100 wrote:
    I've just bought one so I'll let you know how I get on. The IRIS I've got is just huge and you need external PSU etc etc so I'm quite excited by this little thing.

Yes please :) thanks :D
  • Options
    Engo unit

I picked one up about 2 years ago. It is great having one box for two systems but it does not work very fast with the edit software from AMX.
  • Options
    GSLogicGSLogic Posts: 562
    I picked one up about 2 years ago. It is great having one box for two systems but it does not work very fast with the edit software from AMX.
    How much more time does it take?
    Have you had any issues with capturing IRs?
  • Options
    GSLogicGSLogic Posts: 562
    sling100 wrote:

Simon
    Did you ever get your IR learner?
    If so, how is it working?
  • Options
    SensivaSensiva Posts: 211
    Thoug it is RS232

Global Cache IRLearner is more smaller, and cheaper 120USD

http://www.globalcache.com/products/ir-index.html

but Engo has a pretty much advantages, IRL integrated, ability to test learned IR codes, no need for RS232 adapter if using RS232less notebooks :)
  • Options
    dthorsondthorson Posts: 103
    The Vert application works nicely.

But now only works from AMX to C**** not the other way around.

Since system builder, they added some extra info to the .ir files that breaks the AMX outputted file.