Home AMX User Forum NetLinx Studio
Options

Using 8400 IR

I have read that MVP8400 have internal IR transmitter, so I need sample of NetLinx code how to send some string over it.

Comments

• Options
    DHawthorneDHawthorne Posts: 4,584
    VladaPUB wrote:
    I have read that MVP8400 have internal IR transmitter, so I need sample of NetLinx code how to send some string over it.

It's done in the panel, not in NetLinx. I've only done it once, and quite forget how it's done though ... how I got there was by setting it up in VA and loading what it generated. It links IR channels to the button presses.
  • Options
    This would be configured in TPDesign4.

1) got to menu "FILE -> Project Properties"
    2) select tab "IR Emitters and Receivers"
    3) on the right you now can define what panel ports should be used for the 2 possible IRL files

If you i.e. set User IR Channel 1 to Port 5, you now can make a button in TPDesign and set it in the properties to Channel Port 5 and let's say channel code 1. Now the MVP will send the IR channel 1 as long as the button in hold.
  • Options
    VladaPUBVladaPUB Posts: 138
    Ok, i have found it, but where to put IRL file, and how to connect it to that chanel ?
  • Options
    You can upload the IR file to the TP directly from IR edit or from NS.

In IR edit choose Tools>Send and then specify the TP's device number and which port to which you want to send the file.

Also I have found that you not only have to change the channel port in TPdesign for the buttons but also the command port which is on the programming tab (Use the same port as the channel port) or it will not work at all.