Home AMX User Forum NetLinx Studio

Symetrix 8x8 IP Control problems

Has anyone been successful at programming a Symetrix 8x8 audio processor via ip control?

I cannot get it to send commands from the ni2000 to the processor box. I have been successful using a program provided from Symetrix. It basically wants me to connect to it using port 48630 UDP. I used the ip_open_client and had no errors and the port went online. But for some reason, the commands are not making it to the 8x8 unit. Any recommendations?

It is correct if I have:

define_device
dvSymnetBS = 0:5:0 //Symmet in Bookstore

DATA_EVENT [dvMaster] //Master Start
{
ONLINE:
{
IP_CLIENT_OPEN (dvSymnetBS.PORT,'192.168.1.175',48630,IP_UDP)
}
}

DATA_EVENT [0:5:0] // Bookstore Symnet
{
OFFLINE:
{
OFF [dvSymnetBS,255]
IP_CLIENT_OPEN (dvSymnetBS.PORT,'192.168.1.175',48630,ip_udp)
}
ONLINE:
{
ON [dvSymnetBS,255]
}
STRING:
{
//do feedback
}
ONERROR:
{
SEND_STRING 0,"'ERROR Bookstore IP = ',DATA.NUMBER,13"
}
}

Thanks!

Comments

• AMXJeffAMXJeff Posts: 450
    BTW,

You should not turn channels on socket devices, it cause alot of unnecessary bus traffic, according to engineering they did not design the sockets to work with channels.

On another note, UDP online connection is not the same as a TCP connection. With UDP, online does not actually mean that it made a connection. It just means the socket is open. If you expect to get something back from the Symetrix you should use the IP_UDP_2WAY constant.

I am assuming an Express 8x8... Would like to look at the protocol your sending to the unit..Should match the RS232 protocol. I would suggest testing via RS232 and then move to UDP if needed.
    ryanww wrote:
    Has anyone been successful at programming a Symetrix 8x8 audio processor via ip control?

I cannot get it to send commands from the ni2000 to the processor box. I have been successful using a program provided from Symetrix. It basically wants me to connect to it using port 48630 UDP. I used the ip_open_client and had no errors and the port went online. But for some reason, the commands are not making it to the 8x8 unit. Any recommendations?

It is correct if I have:

define_device
    dvSymnetBS = 0:5:0 //Symmet in Bookstore

DATA_EVENT [dvMaster] //Master Start
    {
    ONLINE:
    {
    IP_CLIENT_OPEN (dvSymnetBS.PORT,'192.168.1.175',48630,IP_UDP)
    }
    }

DATA_EVENT [0:5:0] // Bookstore Symnet
    {
    OFFLINE:
    {
    OFF [dvSymnetBS,255]
    IP_CLIENT_OPEN (dvSymnetBS.PORT,'192.168.1.175',48630,ip_udp)
    }
    ONLINE:
    {
    ON [dvSymnetBS,255]
    }
    STRING:
    {
    //do feedback
    }
    ONERROR:
    {
    SEND_STRING 0,"'ERROR Bookstore IP = ',DATA.NUMBER,13"
    }
    }

Thanks!
  • ryanwwryanww Posts: 196
    Hey,

I have tried using both IP_UDP and IP_UDP_2Way, neither worked.. I have spoken to symetrix a little bit, and they gave me a program that can be used to essentially telnet into their box.. I was able to send it commands such as 'fu' which will flash the front of the unit.. It is Ring 3 address 1, so they said to send it 'SU 301' then commands such as 'CSG (control ch) (parameter)' and it won't accept it.. well it doesn't show it will anyway. Basically it is going through a linksys router, and that port is forwarded through the router.

Its not an issue of the actual commands, but its connecting to the unit itself.. I haven't really ever done IP control except in programmer 2 so I wanted to make sure I had it right.. Would the channel thing cause it to have issues?
  • AMXJeffAMXJeff Posts: 450
    No, the channel thing should not cause an issue with communication, it will cause the master to work to hard.

Questions:

1) Does the application they sent you work through the same UDP port, I am assuming it does!!!!

2) Is this router out on the internet, or local somewhere in the system..

3) Have tryed the commands your sending via rs232 to make sure the syntex is correct?

4) I would try setting up a little network, hub the NI and the Mixer. See if you can get the master to communicate.
    ryanww wrote:
    Hey,

I have tried using both IP_UDP and IP_UDP_2Way, neither worked.. I have spoken to symetrix a little bit, and they gave me a program that can be used to essentially telnet into their box.. I was able to send it commands such as 'fu' which will flash the front of the unit.. It is Ring 3 address 1, so they said to send it 'SU 301' then commands such as 'CSG (control ch) (parameter)' and it won't accept it.. well it doesn't show it will anyway. Basically it is going through a linksys router, and that port is forwarded through the router.

Its not an issue of the actual commands, but its connecting to the unit itself.. I haven't really ever done IP control except in programmer 2 so I wanted to make sure I had it right.. Would the channel thing cause it to have issues?
  • Is there any successful update regarding the IP control? Thanks!
  • RaphayoRaphayo Posts: 111
    The actual module is very old.

There's a demo program on symetrix website for the radius series.

Take a look.

Raphaël Thiffault