Home AMX User Forum AMXForums Archive Threads AMX Hardware
Options

MVP8400 freezes

HI,

I have a MVP8400 connected over wireless to a 4100 processor. Intermittantly the MVP freezes, it does not respond to screen touches or the hard buttons, It won't even go into setup mode. The only way to resolve this is to remove the battery and reset it.

If the panel has gone to sleep when this happens it just looks completely dead, if it is on with a screen showing it stays like that even after the timeout.

When the panel is working it is fine. My laptop connected over the same wireless access point works ok, and the wired panels on the network also keep working.

This is the second MVP we have had in this install that has this issue, i've had a good look through these forums and tried everthing I can find.

Does anyone have any more ideas?

Many thanks
Neil

Comments

• Options
    What was the problem with the first one?

Have you called Tech Support?

I have had this problem before and it was a bad Compact Flash card. AMX sent me a new one, and haven't had any problems since.
  • Options
    The first one had exactly the same problem.

Tech support said it is a faulty panel, but the original panel is in use in another building with no problems...
  • Options
    ericmedleyericmedley Posts: 4,177
    I have two panels that suffer from the same issues (relatively)

One will not wake up from hibernation. The other just locks up. They are in the same installation which has prompted me to look at my programming more than once. In one case we replaced the WiFi card and that seemed to solve the problem. (the one that seems to freeze)

the other is still under investigation.
  • Options
    I have had the same problem with several of these panels. AMX sent me new compact flash card and it corrected the issue on most of the panels. The other one went in and they replaced the overlay and did a firmware upgrade.