Home AMX User Forum AMX General Discussion

Ni-700 - Pda

Hello, How can I to use my pocket pc (windows mobile 2003 SE or windows mobile 5) to
see the web page of amx. (g3 panel).

Comments

• Using its web browser, if it has one.
  • dchristodchristo Posts: 177
    I purchased a PocketPC JVM (don't remember the name off hand) when I got a Dell Axim several years ago. I was able to get the G3 Web Control pages to work, but it was so slow that it was essentially useless. I ended up writing an interface in Flash.

--D
  • Joe HebertJoe Hebert Posts: 2,159
    dchristo wrote:
    I purchased a PocketPC JVM (don't remember the name off hand) when I got a Dell Axim several years ago.
    I also purchased a JVM years ago for an iPAQ when they first came out. I think it was Insignia's Jeode JVM. I believe Sun has a free one called PersonalJava. I don't know how well it works though as I haven't played with a PocketPC for a long time.
  • Pocket PC

Hy, did you find an answer? I read something about mysaifu.
    Hello, How can I to use my pocket pc (windows mobile 2003 SE or windows mobile 5) to
    see the web page of amx. (g3 panel).
  • VladaPUBVladaPUB Posts: 138
    I am usingQTEK 9100, and when I connect to NI-700 i see JVM but I dont see page that I see from IE from PC ?

Do I need to install something ?
  • It would be great if AMX or anyone for that matter would come up with a module to run on PPCs that would allow you to create touch panel pages like in TP4 (using WiFi or GPRS data connection). Now that would be great!
  • Ya' mean like Cre$tron's panel design software lets you do? :)

Compiles your panel design to HTML, .exe for PCs, or I believe two types of PDA executables...

Only catch is a they ask for a license fee if you go the PDA route.

- Chip
  • I am not familiar with Cre$tron's way of doing this, but it sounds like it. I would love to be able to use my PDA to control my lights, Sirius radio, iPod, etc... There has to be a way of doing this if Moderos are all communicating via ethernet. It is a matter of writing an application on the Windows Mobile platform to emultate a device in Netlinx. Just think of the endless possibilities!!! :)
  • DHawthorneDHawthorne Posts: 4,584
    Tworhythms wrote:
    It would be great if AMX or anyone for that matter would come up with a module to run on PPCs that would allow you to create touch panel pages like in TP4 (using WiFi or GPRS data connection). Now that would be great!

This has come up many times, and the general consensus is, "why would they devote the resources to develop and support something that will eventually cut down on the number of panels they sell?"

That said, there are plenty of third party solutions, from flash to Yahoo widgets. AMX's position, since G4, is buy a panel and connect to that.
  • jjamesjjames Posts: 2,908
    DHawthorne wrote:
    This has come up many times, and the general consensus is, "why would they devote the resources to develop and support something that will eventually cut down on the number of panels they sell?"

That said, there are plenty of third party solutions, from flash to Yahoo widgets. AMX's position, since G4, is buy a panel and connect to that.

Yeah but . . . flash has much cooler animation and all that than their touch panels! :D

I completely know what Dave's saying, that'd be like AMX coming out next week with a module for ARQ or Escient, or any other server that's compared / competing against the MAX.