Home AMX User Forum AMXForums Archive Threads Residential Forum
Options

Bring on the neat ideas

Hi to all you imaginative residential AMXers - what was the neatest automation idea that you implemented, thought of, heard of, saw, smelled or got zapped by?

Here's mine: I once did a resi job with His and Hers everything so that He could pick up any panel in any zone and use any AV source without interrupting Her somewhere else. Complicated? Only a lot!

Comments

• Options
    maxifoxmaxifox Posts: 209
    > what was the neatest automation idea
    For AMX, it would be non-cumbersome interface for storing action history (in general - logging) somewhere in a database. Without that a system you building is one without a memory - how effective and complete it could be?

Should I have been mistaken??
  • Options
    Voice Activated AMX system

I have implemented a 100%, completely voice activated NetLinx system. It even switches the Modero touchpanel pages and buttons as feedback as you are speaking commands.

Scott
  • Options
    yuriyuri Posts: 861
    elshout wrote:
    I have implemented a 100%, completely voice activated NetLinx system. It even switches the Modero touchpanel pages and buttons as feedback as you are speaking commands.

Scott

offcourse using a PC to handle the voice activation :p
  • Options
    JeffJeff Posts: 374
    I did a system with the "His and Hers" model you were describing, only up a slightly larger level. His, Hers, and 2 kids ;)

We had a Kaleidescape server in the basement with 4 outputs set up, with all the music and movies on it, 4 HD Tivos, and several other things I don't really remember. Basically it was set up so that any of the people in the house could pick up a panel in any room, and watch whatever they had recorded on their personal Tivo, or any movie off the server, or live tv on their own channel, or listen to any album on the server.

When I left the company, they were in the midst of setting it up so that he had a second house (in Colorado, the first was in DC), with the same system that let the Kaleidescape servers sync over the internet each night.

I'm trying to remember what all else did in that install, it was about a $400K job, but it was a few years back and i don't really recall.

J
  • Options
    youstrayoustra Posts: 135
    iPhone copy

In homes w/ kids we've cloned the iPhone's "slide to unlock" UI. Slide it and a num kpd pops up. Horiz level w/ anim pulse on top. If apple does it, it must be cool...
  • Options
    GSLogicGSLogic Posts: 562
    When I'm get bored I create widgets (games), like Blackjack, 5 Card Poker, match the State Capitals, etc. We've been selling them to dealers for years.

Home owners really get a kick out of them. It is funny, they spend huge amounts of money and at their parties they get more excited about showing off the games then the lighting/security/video systems.

I created the match the State/Capitals for my boy, who had to learn them for his 6th grade class. He's now very good at all the State Capitals. Do you know the Capital of Alaska?

You can download trial versions of the games on our website under AMX programming. I didn't just write this for the plug... really! :)