Home AMX User Forum AMXForums Archive Threads AMX Applications and Solutions VisualArchitect

Additional processors

Just wanted to see if anyone has heard anything about the possibility of using additional processors in VA. I am not looking to move portions of code to the additional processors, just simply use them as additional IR,Relay, I/O, and Serial ports. Even if the additional processors where just placeholders and VA was not able to configure the additional processors I would be happy (I only use VA for documentation right now).

Plus this is kind of a pity post into the VA forum because it hasn't had a post in more than 30 days :)

Jeff

Comments

• Spire_JeffSpire_Jeff Posts: 1,917
    Is there any way to add to the list of connection types available in the Connection Manager? If so, I could just use a DDDP device and call it second processor. I could then add the appropriate number of ports and drag the lines as needed.... but I need to be able to add RS232 and IR ports to the connection list.

Jeff
  • jjamesjjames Posts: 2,908
    Sure is! I had modified my device list to add an RTI T2C with capabilities of RF and IR. There's an AMX device list file somewhere in the program files. Find it, and you can copy a processor, then make whatever modifications you want to it. ;)
    Thanks Jay!

I haven't finished the design, so I don't know how having the extra processors will affect the reports, but I can add additional processors for connections :) Here is a version of the file that simply places all of the NI series of processors into the Expansion list as well as Central Controllers. BE SURE TO MAKE A BACKUP FIRST!

The file is located (on my computer) at /Program Files/Common Files/AMXShare/VASupportFiles/AMX Devices/

The file is call AMXDevices.xml. (You will have to rename the file I am attaching to match this after you make a backup).

Jeff
  • jjamesjjames Posts: 2,908
    Should also note that after I updated from 1.2 to 1.3 - my custom list was gone. So - when they do release 1.4 - might have to make a new one - or just copy over the section that you inserted.

Thanks for doing that Jeff - I didn't have time to do it myself, or I would have. I gave up on VS when I figured I couldn't have two masters in a layout. I typically use VS just for documentation for the installers.
    All I ever use it for is documentation. It does a fairly nice job of that. If we ever do a single theater.... I take that back, I have a single theater in my queue, and because of the graphics that we use, I think it will be easier for me to just use my multi-room code with only a single room :)

Maybe I'll give it a shot and see what it comes up with.

Jeff