Home AMX User Forum AMX Design Tools

TP4 Buglist - Add one for me

Comments

• SensivaSensiva Posts: 211
    Uninstalled the old... Installed the new... No Luck :(
    This should be fixed in v2.9 Build 586, available as of 1/10/08 on www.amx.com (and via WebUpdate).

However, I was only seeing this in the scenario where TPDesign4 is minimized while an action taken in Netlinx Studio (such as updating the program in the master that TPD4 is also connected to) causes TPD4 to lose it's connection to the master.

I was so happy that you said so, because this is a very annoying issue, but it is still not fixed... add for this,every time I start TPD.. toolbars arrangements are reset tp its default location.
  • jjamesjjames Posts: 2,908
    Sensiva wrote:
    I was so happy that you said so, because this is a very annoying issue, but it is still not fixed... add for this,every time I start TPD.. toolbars arrangements are reset tp its default location.
    Ditto.

Back to making my custom toolbar. I haven't used TPD4 much yet, but I hope I didn't lose my keyboard commands.
  • jjames wrote:
    Ditto.

Back to making my custom toolbar. I haven't used TPD4 much yet, but I hope I didn't lose my keyboard commands.

So, just to make sure I'm on the same page, both of you (jjames and Sensiva) are seeing your toolbars reset to the default positions, one to a line, each and every time you launch TPD4?
    So, just to make sure I'm on the same page, both of you (jjames and Sensiva) are seeing your toolbars reset to the default positions, one to a line, each and every time you launch TPD4?
    Well, it was . . . not anymore. Though I did just go through a reboot - not sure if that helped or not. Like you had said, it was when TPD4 was connected, but NS closed the connection. I'll have to test this and see if this made a difference.

This bug may be fixed. The most aggravating things was though when I updated, I lost all my settings (i.e. shortcuts, custom toolbars, etc.) And there isn't a way to back them up (short of messing with the registry I'd guess.)

Anyway, I'll definitely be watching this closely and reporting any bugs I may find. Thanks for your guys' hard work! It is much appreciated!!!
    jjames wrote:
    Well, it was . . . not anymore.

For me NO!...

toolbars reset to the default positions, one to a line, each and every time you launch TPD4

To provide full info of my case... I uninstalled the old version... then installed the new version which I downloaded from AMX.com

Did I miss with anything??? :o
  • ericmedleyericmedley Posts: 4,177
    My TPD4 still does the tool bar reset one-to-a-line as it always did. I've noticed that is seems to be more frequent when I forget to disconnect TPD4 from a master while uploading a program to it from NS. When the master reboots, TPD4 gets disconnected and I can count on the tool bars getting reset within a few operations of the program.
  • DHawthorneDHawthorne Posts: 4,584
    ericmedley wrote:
    My TPD4 still does the tool bar reset one-to-a-line as it always did. I've noticed that is seems to be more frequent when I forget to disconnect TPD4 from a master while uploading a program to it from NS. When the master reboots, TPD4 gets disconnected and I can count on the tool bars getting reset within a few operations of the program.

I only get a toolbar regularly reset when I change screen resolutions (switch from a docked laptop with a second monitor to just the laptop in the field). However, I have found the few other times they reset are when the program is minimized and another program does something that might reset the display (like nearly any setup program). Are you in the habit of minimizing it instead of just letting it run in the background? That might at least cut down on the annoyance.
  • ericmedleyericmedley Posts: 4,177
    DHawthorne wrote:
    I only get a toolbar regularly reset when I change screen resolutions (switch from a docked laptop with a second monitor to just the laptop in the field). However, I have found the few other times they reset are when the program is minimized and another program does something that might reset the display (like nearly any setup program). Are you in the habit of minimizing it instead of just letting it run in the background? That might at least cut down on the annoyance.

hmmm...

I think I do both actually. I'll have to watch my habits and see. (I hate when I start paying attention to the little details of my habits.)

:)
  • ericmedley wrote:
    hmmm...

I think I do both actually. I'll have to watch my habits and see. (I hate when I start paying attention to the little details of my habits.)

:)
    Any information on user habits that might contribute to this phenomena would be helpful.

(I can't promise to fix all of them, as the root cause is located in a third-party library. What I can do is attempt to intercept and workaround the issue wherever possible. For example, I doubt there's anything I can do about the resolution-changing scenario.)
    Hmmm - about a complete rewrite? ;) No no - never mind, a complete rewrite is needed for NS. :D

(No offense though!)
    Anyone notice that the state picker (see attached - I dunno what to call it) only has On and Off - even on multi-state buttons. This seemed to have started in the release either last or the previous to it. I thought it would have been fixed this time around - but I'm guessing no one noticed. I'd like to be able to select state 6 out of 10 without having to manual tick through the on button.
  • Joe HebertJoe Hebert Posts: 2,159
    jjames wrote:
    Anyone notice that the state picker (see attached - I dunno what to call it) only has On and Off - even on multi-state buttons. This seemed to have started in the release either last or the previous to it. I thought it would have been fixed this time around - but I'm guessing no one noticed. I'd like to be able to select state 6 out of 10 without having to manual tick through the on button.
    Hmm. What version have you got? I've got 2.8 Build 568 (I think I'm one version behind) and I'm not seeing that problem here. I can select any state from the dropdown box.
    Joe Hebert wrote:
    Hmm. What version have you got? I've got 2.8 Build 568 (I think I'm one version behind) and I'm not seeing that problem here. I can select any state from the dropdown box.
    Latest - 2.9.0 build 586
    I just upgraded to 2.9 Build 586 and I still can?t duplicate the problem on my end. The attached image is from a new project with just one multi-state general button. Do you still see the problem with a new project? When I switch the button from a general button to a multi-state general button, the first item in the dropdown box changes from Off to State 1 and then visa versa if I switch the button back to a general button.

If you select Button-->Choose Display State... from the menu bar do you see the states listed there or is it still just off and on?
    That's the problem! Whenever I load it into a custom toolbar, it doesn't work. When I have the default toolbar up - it works. So, as the thread says: "add one for me!" :D

See attached.
    Mystery solved. Now if I can only figure out how to add that that control to a custom toolbar. :)
    Bravo!!

Okay - this isn't a bug, but I know a lot of people are watching this thread.

I just had a project where I couldn't view on/off states of several buttons. I tried, and tried . . . the properties said it was the on state graphic, but it just wouldn't budge. I tried re-importing it, still no luck. Imported it with a different name - nada. So, I saved it, then closed. Upon opening up the file, guess what message I got: "There are several corrupted or missing images, yada yada yada, here they are. Click ok to continue. This cannot be undone, etc.etc., blah blah blah." I was scared at first because I'd never seen anything like it. So I hit okay . . . and WHAMO! It fixed it!!

Kudos to the development team!
  • Pop Up Pages

Well, this is a feature request, and figured this is best place for it:

AMX should really give us an option for specifying the TOP and LEFT coordinates for pop up pages.

One workaround can be found here, but it's a tad messy:
    http://amxforums.com/showthread.php?t=2277

Oh yeah, what about rotation of an image or page or button too, while you're at it.

Thanks for looking.
    Regarding Toolbars issue

Hello Robert
    I think there is a little bit confusion about Toolbars issue.

Attached two images:
    Default.jpg : It is how toolbars looks like every time I start TPD4, and every time I have to rearrange them like shown in Arranged.jpg.

I am using version 2.9 build 586 Boarder version 4

hope this helps.

One more thing, as I requested before in this thread [thread=3128] To Admins : thread] Please, enable [noparse]noparse] vB Code  Thanks
  • DHawthorneDHawthorne Posts: 4,584
    This is not a bug per se, but it annoys the heck out of me: why does TPD4 have to steal and hold the focus whenever it is saving or transferring files? I'm a busy person, I'll start a panel transfer, then switch back to studio, or something else ... but TPD4 grabs the computer and forces me to stare at it's save progress screens while it preps. I can't just move on to something else, I have to wait for it to release.

Put a couple idle() statements in the save functions, and don't grab focus; it shouldn't be all that hard to do.
    Horizontal and Vertical Spacing
    Horizontal Spacing (Equal, Increase, Decrease, Remove)
    ...and note that the first button you select becomes the controlling button (all other buttons are moved to align with the controlling button).
    Vertical Spacing (Equal, Increase, Decrease, Remove)
    ...and note that the first button you select becomes the controlling button (all other buttons are moved to align with the controlling button).

I am using version 2.9 build 586 Boarder version 4

This is not true when doing Equal spacing sometimes the first button moves sometime it doesn't, I don't know it depends on what, but most of the time the controlling button is not the reference.

In the attached example... selecting the middle button as a reference, won't make it a controlling button, the middle button and the right button are aligned to the left button.
    I'm going to run with the assumption that in order to truly have the buttons spaced equally, that the middle buttons cannot fall in "halved" spacing, in that if it was 1 pixel over to the right, it'd be mathematically uneven, same if it were to the left. So it probably compensates by moving one of the end buttons over.

That's if I follow exactly what you're saying.
  • AvophileAvophile Posts: 70
    Can anyone confirm that they are able to FIND and REPLACE using more than one criterion at a time in TPD4 v. 2.9.0 Build 592?

I can find one, but when I search for more than one I get the notification: "No items matched the search criteria."

I have reinstalled to no avail.

I recently installed the newest version of TPD4 when an NXD-CV5 was showing up in my NS2 online device tree but couldn't be found by TPD4 to make a transfer.
  • Try this
    Sensiva wrote: »

This is not true when doing Equal spacing sometimes the first button moves sometime it doesn't, I don't know it depends on what, but most of the time the controlling button is not the reference.
    As a general practice, I have always sized my buttons as a multiple of 4 pixels. This makes it much easier to align buttons and scale panels to other sizes.
    Avophile wrote: »
    Can anyone confirm that they are able to FIND and REPLACE using more than one criterion at a time in TPD4 v. 2.9.0 Build 592?

I can find one, but when I search for more than one I get the notification: "No items matched the search criteria."

I recently installed the newest version of TPD4 when an NXD-CV5 was showing up in my NS2 online device tree but couldn't be found by TPD4 to make a transfer.

Never mind... the issue seems to only manifest itself in one particular file.

For what it's worth, I was finding and replacing address, channel and level ports.
    B_Clements wrote: »
    As a general practice, I have always sized my buttons as a multiple of 4 pixels. This makes it much easier to align buttons and scale panels to other sizes.

Good tip! I'll be sure to relay that to our graphics guy.
    Avophile wrote: »

It's back! This time in a new file.

Is it time to toss my laptop?
  • ColzieColzie Posts: 470
    Here is a bizarre one....

Create 2 new buttons. Change the Channel Port on one of the buttons to "2". Select both buttons.

The Channel Port property now displays "Panel Setup: Connection Status" and the drop down list shows all of the Setup Channel Codes Names. You are unable to enter a numerical value to assign to both buttons. If you select one of the Setup Names, then when you de-select one button, the Channel Code shows what I assume is the numerical value mapped to the Setup Name you selected.

Edit: Note, I'm running Vista.
  • Colzie wrote: »
    Here is a bizarre one....

Create 2 new buttons. Change the Channel Port on one of the buttons to "2". Select both buttons.

The Channel Port property now displays "Panel Setup: Connection Status" and the drop down list shows all of the Setup Channel Codes Names. You are unable to enter a numerical value to assign to both buttons. If you select one of the Setup Names, then when you de-select one button, the Channel Code shows what I assume is the numerical value mapped to the Setup Name you selected.

Edit: Note, I'm running Vista.

Chad-

The explanation I see from looking at your screenshot is that you have "Apply to All" selected, and apparently one of the two buttons selected has the Setup Port (zero), assigned to the Channel Port. This is why the channel port appears empty in the screenshot.

De-select "Apply to All" and use the next/prev buttons to move the selection from button to button, and I think you'll see the behavior you were expecting.
  • ColzieColzie Posts: 470
    Chad-

The explanation I see from looking at your screenshot is that you have "Apply to All" selected, and apparently one of the two buttons selected has the Setup Port (zero), assigned to the Channel Port. This is why the channel port appears empty in the screenshot.

De-select "Apply to All" and use the next/prev buttons to move the selection from button to button, and I think you'll see the behavior you were expecting.

Thanks for the reply! However, I forgot an important step. You must assign the same Channel Code to both buttons. Neither button has "0 - setup port" assigned to the Channel Port.

For example,

Button A
    Channel Port: 1
    Channel Code: 1

Button B
    Channel Port: 2
    Channel Code: 1

will cause the issue shown in my previously posted screenshot.