Home AMX User Forum NetLinx Studio
Options

Bose Controlspace

Anybody used a bose controlspace, how did you find it to control, we have a project coming up pretty soon using one but i couldn't find any modules on the AMX site for this unit, anybody got any sample code we only need to control a few levels and read back in these levels in case they are changed elsewhere.

Any help or advice greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Options
    yuriyuri Posts: 861
    Controlspace ESP88? Controlspace AMS8?

for the ESP88 you need a seperate box (which i believe is a ******** product)
  • Options
    for ESP88

i already control a ESP88 with an Ni3000 by rs 232. The only way is to define 10 orders on the esp88. Then you can send them by the rs232 from de AMX controler.

I don't know how to control it throught ethernet link. It ll be interesting to know how to control many other parameters...

The esp88 is a nice product but maybe not enough opened with external controlers...
  • Options
    Mathieu wrote:
    i already control a ESP88 with an Ni3000 by rs 232. The only way is to define 10 orders on the esp88. Then you can send them by the rs232 from de AMX controler.

I don't know how to control it throught ethernet link. It ll be interesting to know how to control many other parameters...

The esp88 is a nice product but maybe not enough opened with external controlers...

you can use something that is called the Bose CS-SCI (serial control interface, or something). Which you can connect to your RS232 on AMX.
    You can then set/get presets, set/get volume, set/get mutes, etc :)
  • Options
    travtrav Posts: 188
    New Version ESP88 v2.4 and 1.2b7 software

Funnily enough I just had a BOSE represenative in with the beta of the updated ESP88 firmware and software. They had also been in before and wanted feedback on what we required (as AMX) to get the most out of this product from a control point of view.

Now, normally I'm not a big fan of BOSE as they have a tendancy not to play well with others, but they took on board i think 22 out of our 30 reccomendations for the control protocol, and I have to say, I was most impressed.

Feedback was as easy as adding a # to the start of the name of a module dragged into the dsp workspace, and feedback is automatically sent when things with a # infront of them.

This wasn't too clear in the manual so I asked them to change that and make it a little more clear. But most of the commands are just 2 chars, and some comma seperated variables for levels or ports on each item in the dsp's workspace.

Alot nicer to use that other *cough*yamaha*cough* programmable DSP products that tout RS232 control.

They also have a DUET beacon in the hardware that reports correctly, although I thought the default Baud was 9600 and this was 38400, but that is not really an issue, and also a duet module is under development, I was lead to belive at anyrate, which is a plus for VA users.

I'm not sure on when this will go 'live' but I know they have tested this on a number of sites on a , you know this isn't for release but we want to see how it works in the wild sort of thing.

On the whole I would have to say I was most impressed with the control availible.
  • Options
    my bad, the CS-SCI i was talking about is for Bose AMS-8.
    We have been working with RS232 for Bose ESP88 and like i said, it looks promising...
  • Options
    mritzmritz Posts: 22
    Find here attached the serial protocol description. Works well with ESP-88 controlled by RS-232!