Home AMX User Forum AMX General Discussion
Options

Loewe Plasma

Hi,

Has anyone tryed to integrate a Loewe plasma before without using the IR?
We are using a Loewe Spheros R37 MP in a L2550 chassis.

IR control is quite out of question since you can't put the IR emiter in a "hidden" way on that TV.

It has a RS-232 port in the back altho Loewe assures that that port is used for some uploads only on the factory, not for control. At least on this model, since on the L27xx chassis that port already controls de TV.

There is 2 other ports tho

1-Is a Service Port, Loewe specific, no one from the Loewe hotlines gave me any information about it, just that it could control the TV, they just don't have any idea on how to do it.

2- IR-Link - Loewe hotlines assured that this is only an output door, so that the TV could repeat the IR code that he received to other devices.

Getting out of ideas here, and the IR in the front of the TV has to disappear. I'm using the MVP IR at the moment, but it really is a mess, since they need to point the MVP at the tv.

IR is not the way to go in this case, since switching Inputs is not a direct button, but u actually need to browse it in a menu.

Any help is highly preciated.

Thanks

Andr

Comments

• Options
    Andre

Did you get anywhere with this? I need to control the Loewe Individual40 on a upcoming job.

Edit:

I now have the info I need from Loewe.
  • Options
    Jimweir192 wrote:
    Andre

Did you get anywhere with this? I need to control the Loewe Individual40 on a upcoming job.

Edit:

I now have the info I need from Loewe.

If I am not mistaken the Loewe Individual 40 use the L27xx chasis.
    There is an module for this device. Just search for "Loewe Individual" in the database at amx.com.

Regards
    Juergen