Home AMX User Forum AMXForums Archive Threads AMX Hardware
Options

8400 lost Wireless security settings

Hi all

Since I move to the last firmware (v2.83.9) I have a new problem:

when the TP lost its connection for some time from some reason (network problems, network maintenance, access point power off) , its loosing the Wireless security setting and going back to "open(clear text)"

Reboot is not helping.

The only thing that solves this problem is going into the Wireless settings, choosing "Static wep" again, going into the "Static wep settings" page and press "save".

This is solving the problem (until the next network problem)

Any idea what to do ?
This is very problematic....

Thanks

Ady.

Comments

• Options
    yuriyuri Posts: 861
    i think i've seen this on a wired 12" panel.
    We sent it back to get it replaced :)
  • Options
    adysadys Posts: 395
    Well, I am not going to sent 5 X 8400 to be replaced...
  • Options
    adys wrote:
    Well, I am not going to sent 5 X 8400 to be replaced...

advanced replacement?
  • Options
    yuri wrote:
    advanced replacement?

You are joking, right? :)
  • Options
    DHawthorneDHawthorne Posts: 4,584
    I have seen MVP's revert to an open connection if they cannot find the WAP with the encryption key ... almost as if they go back to the last known good configuration. So, essentially, bizarre and unwanted behavior aside, it's a connection issue. I wish we had better documentation of exactly how they managed connections and fallback procedures.
  • Options
    Dave you are right, but its a problem to run to the customer house on every connection issue that solve by itself...

If the connection issue solve by itself, then the TP should too.
    Its a little smarter than an access point...
  • Options
    adys wrote:
    You are joking, right? :)

why would i be joking? Get the new panels, replace them, send back the "faulty" ones :)
  • Options
    Talked with the support about this, they don't know this kind of a problem...

I thinking about gettting back to the old firmware.
  • Options
    alexanboalexanbo Posts: 282
    I just ran into this problem too. The switch connecting the master controller to the network was unplugged. I have 2 MVP-8400's on the system and the WAP's they talk to were still up and running and connected to the network as they're hooked to the network with separate cable runs. The panels were set to DHCP and the DHCP server would of still been visible to them, all that was lost was the connection to the Master Controller and both panels when first looking at the wireless page said they were still using WEP but on a reboot the indicator switched to Open. To fix them I switched them back to WEP and rebooted.