Home AMX User Forum AMXForums Archive Threads AMX Hardware

R4 Active Bargraphs and Level Events

Greetings,

On R4, when you have an active touch bargraph, it behaves differently than those on other G4 panels. If the bargraph is set near one extreme, then you touch it at or near the other extereme, several level events occur at values somewhere in between the original value and the new value before reaching the level of the value from the touch.

Has anyone seen this?

Thanks.

Comments

• truetrue Posts: 307
    Check Range Time Up / Range Time Down in the Programming tab of your bargraph.

Specifically, if you do not want these events to occur, set both of these to 0. The bargraph will be an instant jump instead of a graduated increase / decrease, but will only generate one level event.

This happens on MVP-8400s as well, and most likely other panels (I mostly use MVP-8400 and R4).
  • TurnipTruckTurnipTruck Posts: 1,485
    Good call! I'll check it out. I had no idea such a parameter existed.
  • a_riot42a_riot42 Posts: 1,624
    Good call! I'll check it out. I had no idea such a parameter existed.

Or you can use the drag relative property so that the bargraph doesn't change depending on where you put your finger, but the relative amount of movement of your finger. This way you won't get volume jumps just from touching the graph, you will need to touch and drag your finger.
    Paul