Home AMX User Forum AMXForums Archive Threads AMX Hardware

MET-6N Firmware v.11.2 bug heads up and workaround

I reported a bug today regarding the MET-6N keypad firmware v1.11.2. The keypad does not release the channels or level on reboot which causes a problem with feedback. AMX has confirmed the bug and said that it will be fixed in a future firmware release.

I don?t know if the MET-7 or MET-13 exhibit the same problems but I imagine they might since they use the same firmware.

The workaround that I?m using is to pulse all the channels and do a level change when the keypad comes ONLINE:
DATA_EVENT[dvKeypad] { //MET-6N

ONLINE: {

//@BRT-<on brightness (0-32)>,<off brightness (0-32)> 
      SEND_COMMAND DATA.DEVICE,'@BRT-32,0'

//?@WBRT-<on brightness (0-32)>,<off brightness (0-32)>?
      SEND_COMMAND DATA.DEVICE,'@WBRT-32,0'

PULSE[DATA.DEVICE,1]
      PULSE[DATA.DEVICE,2]
      PULSE[DATA.DEVICE,3]
      PULSE[DATA.DEVICE,4]
      PULSE[DATA.DEVICE,5]
      PULSE[DATA.DEVICE,6]
      PULSE[DATA.DEVICE,11]
      SEND_LEVEL DATA.DEVICE,1,255
      SEND_LEVEL DATA.DEVICE,1,0

}
}

Hope this saves some troubleshooting time for those that are using the keypads

Comments

• jjamesjjames Posts: 2,908
    Joe Hebert wrote: »
    I reported a bug today regarding the MET-6N keypad firmware v1.11.2. The keypad does not release the channels or level on reboot which causes a problem with feedback. AMX has confirmed the bug and said that it will be fixed in a future firmware release.

I don?t know if the MET-7 or MET-13 exhibit the same problems but I imagine they might since they use the same firmware.

....code snipped....
    Hope this saves some troubleshooting time for those that are using the keypads

Thanks for the heads up! We just got these in (all three of them), and I'll be programming these soon. I like the "future" update line . . . I just don't understand why that if it's a known bug they don't release a fix for it immediately.
  • Joe HebertJoe Hebert Posts: 2,159
    jjames wrote: »
    I just don't understand why that if it's a known bug they don't release a fix for it immediately.
    It wasn't known until I reported it today. You gotta give them some time to fix it. :)
  • viningvining Posts: 4,368
    jjames wrote:
    I like the "future" update line . . . I just don't understand why that if it's a known bug they don't release a fix for it immediately.
    or notify the companies that bought them or post an advisory notice on this forum or email all dealers or ......
  • jjamesjjames Posts: 2,908
    Joe Hebert wrote: »
    It wasn't known until I reported it today. You gotta give them some time to fix it. :)

Ahh - I misread. I thought you said that AMX knew about it already. Whoops!

And I also agree with vining's statement. At the very least, they should send out an email to everyone that's bought one. I mean - don't they do that with baby seats? ;)

I'll give them some time though. :D
    As and FYI, new firmware has been posted that fixes a couple of bugs including the one reported at the top of this thread:

http://www.amx.com/techcenter/firmware.asp?Category=Keypads#Metreau%20Keypad%20(AxLink)%20Firmware
  • MET-6N

i just recently got 3 of these MET-6N that i need to program. how do i update my firmware with this *.tsk file?
    playskool1 wrote:
    how do i update my firmware with this *.tsk file?
    You can upgrade the firmware with Netlinx Studio. From the menu bar:
    Tools > Firmware Transfers > Send to Axcess Device
  • thank you much!
  • yuriyuri Posts: 861
    send to axcess device? is that because it's AXLink based?
  • Spire_JeffSpire_Jeff Posts: 1,917
    yuri wrote: »
    send to axcess device? is that because it's AXLink based?

That is correct.

Jeff
    From the user manual:
    Sending Firmware to Metreau Keypads (AxLink)

The Firmware on the AxLink-enabled Metreau keypads (MET-6N, MET-7 and MET-13) can be updated
    via the NetLinx Studio2 application:

1. Open NetLinx Studio2.

2. Go to Tools > Firmware Transfers > Send to Axcess Device... This opens the Send to Axcess
    Dialog Window.

3. Browse to the location of the firmware file.

4. Select the file within the Files frame.

5. Click Query for Devices.

6. Select the Metreau keypad within the Devices frame.

The MET-6N will appear as two devices in the Devices frame, because it?s built-in IR Receiver, is
    recognized as a separate online device.

The Device Address of the IR Receiver is always one number higher than the device number of the
    keypad itself (to which the firmware is uploaded).

For example, if the MET-6N is set to device number 127, then the IR Receiver on that MET-6N will
    appear as device number 128. Firmware must be sent to the keypad, not the IR Receiver (in this
    example, device 127).

7. Click Send and then Close.

8. Upon confirmation of a successful send, you can exit NetLinx Studio2.