Home AMX User Forum AMXForums Archive Threads AMX Hardware
Options

Ugh! 2.83.9 Firmware

jjamesjjames Posts: 2,908
Yet again, another issue.

If you've got 2.83.9 loaded in a panel that has the old 802.11b cards - beware that they can fall offline, and lose site of the access point. Just ran into the problem. It seems to be though that the muddier the wireless network is, obviously the worse it is. So if you've gone a clean Wi-fi network, you may not have to worry about this.

If anyone else has had this problem - let me know.

Comments

• Options
    yuriyuri Posts: 861
    I have to go onsite monday to fix a problem that seems the same as you describe... I will check the firmware version, but i 'fear' the worst...
  • Options
    yuri wrote: »
    I have to go onsite monday to fix a problem that seems the same as you describe... I will check the firmware version, but i 'fear' the worst...

Do you have remote access to the system? I'll be interested to know which firmware you have.
  • Options
    jjames wrote: »
    Do you have remote access to the system? I'll be interested to know which firmware you have.

nope, no remote access. You'll have to wait 'till monday :p
  • Options
    DarksideDarkside Posts: 345
    If you could advise which flavor of the 802.11b card it is it would be really helpful.

The initial flavor shows the data rate with, I think, 1 decimal place after the data rate whereas V2 cards show it with 4 decimal places.

Thanks
  • Options
    problem on our system was the access point (standard AMX thing). Testing the touchpanel now and it hasn't failed on me...

btw. it's running firmware 2.81
  • Options
    If you could advise which flavor of the 802.11b card it is it would be really helpful.

The initial flavor shows the data rate with, I think, 1 decimal place after the data rate whereas V2 cards show it with 4 decimal places.

Thanks
    I believe it's the V2 with 4 decimal places.

From what I understand, is it happens more when there's a mess of interference on the WiFi channel.
  • Options
    DarksideDarkside Posts: 345
    yuri wrote: »
    problem on our system was the access point (standard AMX thing). Testing the touchpanel now and it hasn't failed on me...

btw. it's running firmware 2.81
    We've seen plenty of problems with the 'standard AMX thing' to the point where we won't spec them. In Australia (at least), they glow in the dark they get that hot - and we have had to reset several of them many times.

I for one have a big problem with devices that get that hot....

....amplifiers and management meetings excluded.

:-)
  • Options
    We've seen plenty of problems with the 'standard AMX thing' to the point where we won't spec them. In Australia (at least), they glow in the dark they get that hot - and we have had to reset several of them many times.

I for one have a big problem with devices that get that hot....

....amplifiers and management meetings excluded.

:-)

true, we use linksys products, but sometimes an Experience kit gets sold, which contains a standard AMX WAP :)