Home AMX User Forum AMX General Discussion

Analog camera that can be controlled

Hi Everyone,

I'm looking for an analog camera (at least zoom, and pan-tilt if possible). It's for a residential project and I'm planning on using a RS232 or RS4xx.
What do you guys usually choose these days?

All ideas are welcome.
Thanks.

Comments

• yuriyuri Posts: 861
    sony evi-d70 | evi-d100
    sony brc-300

those are the types we use the most
  • Pep_SDPep_SD Posts: 106
    Do you use the Duet module for the EVID100?
    Is it ok or do you prefer the standard Netlinx module for the EVID70?
  • yuriyuri Posts: 861
    Pep_SD wrote: »
    Do you use the Duet module for the EVID100?
    Is it ok or do you prefer the standard Netlinx module for the EVID70?

i use the standard AMX module for the EVID70, but also used my own module. It's fairly simple, but the AMX module seems to works a-ok :)
  • Pep_SDPep_SD Posts: 106
    Thank you very much for your inputs Yuri!
    Exactly what I needed.
  • DHawthorneDHawthorne Posts: 4,584
    Panasonic makes some nice network cameras; the ones I have been using, however, don't have a real zoom ... if you access them via the browser interface, the ActiveX control will "zoom" the image, but it's not mechanical in the camera. They have full PT control and presets though. Quadrox makes an excellent PC based DVR that works well with them as well. I am currently controlling the cameras directly with a NetLinx using HTML commands I grabbed with a packet sniffer. The DVR could be controlled with Computer Control, but in this case, I am using it's internal web server and having the client connect to it that way ... too slow otherwise; the VNC just adds too much unneeded overhead.
  • Thomas HayesThomas Hayes Posts: 1,164
    I use the Elmo PTC-100 or the PTC-201 camera's which are cheap and easy to program.