Home AMX User Forum AMXForums Archive Threads AMX Hardware

Problem with NI-3100

Hello,

When I put the power, the leds: status, output and input starts blinking ... what's wrong?

Thanks!

Comments

• Thomas HayesThomas Hayes Posts: 1,164
    Do you have it plugged into a network? Is the code loaded? How long have you let it set, it can take up to 5 mins for the controller to stop looking for a network connection.
  • 2Fast2Fast Posts: 90
    No, I didn't plug anything .. just power supply and it happened.

Any idea?

Thanks!
  • Joe HebertJoe Hebert Posts: 2,159
    Are you sure there is something wrong? The LEDs are supposed to blink. Attached is the list of blink patterns and what they mean.
  • ericmedleyericmedley Posts: 4,177
    2Fast wrote: »
    Hello,

When I put the power, the leds: status, output and input starts blinking ... what's wrong?

Thanks!

If it was out of the box, the problem is probably that the network card is set to DHCP and it's looking for an address from a network. The thing will normally take about 30-45 seconds to reboot upon power up. However, if it's looking for an IP address from a DHCP server, it could hang for considerably longer. While it's looking, it will not respond to Netlinx Diagnostics connected even via RS-232. If the LED is flashing pretty quickly (2-3 per second) it's just saying, that it didn't find a network.

Wait until it's booted up and go in with Diagnostics and change the network settings to static and give it an address. It'll boot up just fine.