Home AMX User Forum AMX General Discussion

Panasonic PT-LB51NTU Projector Control Via IP?

Greetings,

I was told by a not-so-reliable source that the same commands that go in and out of the serial port can be sent to the projector via an IP connection.

Does anyone know if the Panasonic PT-LB51NTU can truly be controlled via an IP connection?

Thanks.

Comments

• mritzmritz Posts: 22
    Normally, Panasonic Projectors are controlled only by RS-232. Some of the greater projectors (of several manufactures) have additionally a protocol called PJLink where you can control the projector via IP. But the control codes from PJLink are not the same as the RS-232 codes of the projectors.

Regards,

Markus
  • TurnipTruckTurnipTruck Posts: 1,485
    Thanks for the info. I never investigated just what PJLink was. I'm pretty sure that the projectors that I am working with have PJLink.

When communicating from Netlinx to a PJLink projector, is there anything more that has to be done beyond opening an IP port to the projector and sending the PJLink strings?

Thanks.
  • Thanks for the info. I never investigated just what PJLink was. I'm pretty sure that the projectors that I am working with have PJLink.

When communicating from Netlinx to a PJLink projector, is there anything more that has to be done beyond opening an IP port to the projector and sending the PJLink strings?

Thanks.

There is a Duet module available for PJlink. Go to InConcert Resource Center and search for device "pjlink". Seen it just a few minutes ago, so I don't have any experience with it.
  • TurnipTruckTurnipTruck Posts: 1,485
    I did my research on PJLink and it seems to be useful with one caviat.

It seems that there is no volume control command. Many installations use the variable audio function of a projector for audio level control. Without a means of controlling volume via PJLink, the protocol does not become useful for typical controls via Netlinx.

What a shame.