Home AMX User Forum NetLinx Studio

Tab alignment between screen and printed page

I have my studio tabs and auto-indent set at 2 spaces. I use Anonymous 9pt as my font.

I find that the tab alignment in my printed output doesn't jibe with that on screen which is annoying.
This occurs with several different printers.

Anyone have an idea what the source of this issue might be? I wonder bold and italic treatments on various keywords pushes the text beyond my 2 character tab.....

Rich

Comments

• a_riot42a_riot42 Posts: 1,624
    Rich Abel wrote: »
    I have my studio tabs and auto-indent set at 2 spaces. I use Anonymous 9pt as my font.

I find that the tab alignment in my printed output doesn't jibe with that on screen which is annoying.
    This occurs with several different printers.

Anyone have an idea what the source of this issue might be? I wonder bold and italic treatments on various keywords pushes the text beyond my 2 character tab.....

Rich

Most decent editors allow you to use spaces rather than tabs so that you don't have this issue. I don't believe NLS has this capability although I could be wrong, You can copy your code into a 'real' editor and do this though.
    Paul
  • DHawthorneDHawthorne Posts: 4,584
    Studio uses an actual TAB character, not the spaces themselves; the setting only tells the editor how to display them. I am not aware of any setting to actually replace TABs with spaces. The TABs are sent directly to the printer, and it renders them according to the font, apparently.