NetLinx Studio 2.7

jjamesjjames AMX Sustaining EngineerPosts: 2,900
...is now out. I'm currently downloading it, and will be using it later. Here's the "readme".
AMX wrote:
FEATURE - NetLinx Compiler Update - Added STANDBY and AWAKE events to the
DATA_EVENT structure.

FEATURE/BUG FIX - Online Tree Preferences - Ability to change the font
selection for the online tree display, along the ability to just show port
counts instead of a tree item for each individual port.

FEATURE - Updated the "Virtual NetLinx Master" (VNM) communications dialog
to handle the new USB Linux/RNDIS driver associated with the new MVP-5400i
type devices.

The MVP-5200i will utilize a native RNDIS USB driver. Like the existing
driver, this driver will utilize Ethernet-over-USB.

When the MVP-5200i device is connected to the computer, it should create
a new LAN connection (see My Computer | My Network Places | View network
connections). It will be necessary for the user to supply a static
IP address for this LAN connection. To enter a static IP address for the
connection, the user must edit the properties of the TCP/IP interface of
the connection itself.

NOTE: The static IP assigned to this connection should be on the same
subnet as the IP address entered on the device Setup Pages:
Protected Setup | System Settings | IP Settings | IP Address.

FEATURE – Added a "Reboot Master" option to the "Device Addressing" dialog.

FEATURE - Added a "Clear Notification Status Window" and "Clear Diagnostic
Status Window" buttons to the Emulate and Control dialogs.

FEATURE – Now setting the default preferences on a new installation to
"Display System Configuration Settings in Identifier" in the workspace tree.

FEATURE - Changed the Find and Find/Replace dialogs from "modal" to
"modeless". This will all the user to edit source code as the dialogs are
still visible.

FEATURE - Ability to toggle the "Diagnostic" and "Notification" messages
streams by clicking on the icons within the Status Bar.

FEATURE - Ability to multi-select devices in the Device Mapping dialog.

BUG - When double-clicking on an AXS file in Explorer with NetLinx Studio
currently running, the AXS file will now appear in the editor.

BUG - When launching the "Device Addressing" dialog from the online tree,
the check box is already checked to change the device and the cursor is in the
edit control for the new device number. Removed the "Enter Key" as the default
action from dismissing the dialog.

BUG - The "Set Date/Time" dialog under the "Tools" menu was not handling
the editing of the System number properly.

BUG - A different menu icon when "AMX PI" is available instead of the
icon for the old Software History application.

BUG - The "Build System" context menu item for AXS files was not executing.

BUG – Now have the ability to run instances of the Diagnostics and
Notifications messages with multiple instances of NS2 running.

BUG - The "Cancel Refresh of Online Tree" menu option was not working
properly when requesting an online of all masters within a network.

BUG - Erratic cursor movement has been corrected when saving a file and
having the date/time stamp section updated within the source code file.

They may have fixed things that aren't listed; if you find that they have - do post it.

Comments

  • Joe HebertJoe Hebert Junior Member Posts: 2,154
    Sweet. I didn't notice that a new version is now available. It looks like we have some new features to play with.

    Thanks for the update Jay.
  • viningvining X Member Posts: 4,353
    I downloaded 2.7 and read the read me text last night and was wondering what this meant:
    Added STANDBY and AWAKE events to the
    DATA_EVENT structure.
    Any ideas?
  • Joe HebertJoe Hebert Junior Member Posts: 2,154
    vining wrote: »
    I downloaded 2.7 and read the read me text last night and was wondering what this meant:

    Added STANDBY and AWAKE events to the
    DATA_EVENT structure.

    Any ideas?
    I'm guessing it means we'll get those events to trigger when a touch panel goes to sleep and wakes up but I haven't got around to testing it yet.
  • viningvining X Member Posts: 4,353
    Well that's what I was thinking so I checked Netlinx Keyword help files for DATA_EVENT last night and it hadn't changed. Of course a revision of the help files may be in the works.
  • yuriyuri Junior Member Posts: 861
    the standby and awake functions where normally only noticable using DATA.TEXT. Looks promising...
    BUG ? Now have the ability to run instances of the Diagnostics and
    Notifications messages with multiple instances of NS2 running.

    this is my dream come true :D
  • jjamesjjames AMX Sustaining Engineer Posts: 2,900
    I thought we only got SLEEP, and not STANDBY from panels? (It's been so long since I've used them I can't remember.)
  • DHawthorneDHawthorne Junior Member Posts: 4,584
    jjames wrote: »
    I thought we only got SLEEP, and not STANDBY from panels? (It's been so long since I've used them I can't remember.)

    Most likely it's the same thing, different term. We never had an event for either previously - the panel could be set to send a string on those events, and you could trap that; now there is a specific event (if I am understanding this properly ... download still in progress as I write)..
  • yuriyuri Junior Member Posts: 861
    there is a specific event for AWAKE:
    I have to test if you still need to set the wake-up string to something specific, or if it will always work.
  • jjamesjjames AMX Sustaining Engineer Posts: 2,900
    yuri wrote: »
    I have to test if you still need to set the wake-up string to something specific, or if it will always work.
    Right - I notice even when I don't set the wake-up string I still get something from the panel when it goes to sleep. In notifications it's "String From [10001:1:1]-[] - 21:40:46". I also do get the WAKE in between those ending brackets. I guess you all who are testing will definitely have to keep us up to date.

    On another note, I noticed another thread that parallels this one, and talks about a "bug" to where you can't open up two different work spaces in two separate instances of NS without it closing one of the workspaces? Is anyone else having this problem? I'm not, perhaps I'm just not following what the problem is. I am super happy that I can monitor several projects' notifications & diagnostics all at once. That would have came in handy a few days ago when I needed to monitor one system, but still work on a new system at the shop.
  • yuriyuri Junior Member Posts: 861
    jjames wrote: »
    Right - I notice even when I don't set the wake-up string I still get something from the panel when it goes to sleep. In notifications it's "String From [10001:1:1]-[] - 21:40:46". I also do get the WAKE in between those ending brackets. I guess you all who are testing will definitely have to keep us up to date.

    On another note, I noticed another thread that parallels this one, and talks about a "bug" to where you can't open up two different work spaces in two separate instances of NS without it closing one of the workspaces? Is anyone else having this problem? I'm not, perhaps I'm just not following what the problem is. I am super happy that I can monitor several projects' notifications & diagnostics all at once. That would have came in handy a few days ago when I needed to monitor one system, but still work on a new system at the shop.

    when i have one project open, and try to open another by double clicking the project from my disk, i get a message in my Netlinx Studio that i have open saying "Do you want to close the files associated with the current open Workspace".
    Even if i click "No", it still closes the old one, and opens the new one... Driving me CRAZY
  • jjamesjjames AMX Sustaining Engineer Posts: 2,900
    yuri wrote: »
    when i have one project open, and try to open another by double clicking the project from my disk, i get a message in my Netlinx Studio that i have open saying "Do you want to close the files associated with the current open Workspace".
    Even if i click "No", it still closes the old one, and opens the new one... Driving me CRAZY

    Do you have the same problem when you open up NetLinx studio then select "Open Workspace" ?
  • New Data Events

    Both the Awake and Standby features will be implemented in devices currently under development. The updated NetLinx Ccompiler supports coding these. But an unstated requirement is that you will need updated master firmware to support applications using these events.
    Oops!
  • jazzwyldjazzwyld Registered User Posts: 199
    Would the Awake and Sleep not be associated with R4 and R3s? Or is it only for new undisclosed products or product updates?
  • a_riot42a_riot42 AMX Wizard Posts: 1,619
    I just installed 2.7 and started it and connected to a project I am working on remotely and when I went to refresh the online tree, it would get halfway through that and then pause and give me an hourglass mouse for a few seconds and then drop the connection. I would refresh it again and it would either refresh without an issue, or crash with the "pure virtual function call" error that I used to get with TPD4 . Anyone else seen this behavior?
    Paul
  • travtrav Get off my lawn Posts: 188
    The awake and sleep should be for the 5200i's deep sleep mode that still retains contact with the master.
    AFAIK the R4 when it goes to sleep does an OFFLINE.
Sign In or Register to comment.