Home AMX User Forum AMX Control Products

^GLH or ^ BMF %GH commands work on Bargraphs but not buttons.

G'day Guys,

I can set the maximum level of a bargraph at runtime using the ^GLH or ^ BMF %GH commands but not for a button linked to the bargraph for ramping purposes.
Anyone have the same issues?
Does anyone have a fix or a workaround?

Thanks

Mush

Comments

• viningvining Posts: 4,368
    Not sure I'm following. Use what ever value you use to when sending your ^GLH command as the value in your button ramping code.
    SEND_COMMAND dvTP,"'^GLH-',itoa(nLevelNumber),',',itoa(nNewLevelValue)" ;

//BUTTON CODE
    if(nLevel < nNewLevelValue)
         {
         //continue ramping code
         }

• mushmush Posts: 287
    vining wrote: »
    Not sure I'm following. Use what ever value you use to when sending your ^GLH command as the value in your button ramping code.
    SEND_COMMAND dvTP,"'^GLH-',itoa(nLevelNumber),',',itoa(nNewLevelValue)" ;

//BUTTON CODE
    if(nLevel < nNewLevelValue)
         {
         //continue ramping code
         }

Thanks for your time vining.
    When I send the following to a 'bargraph' type button it works.

SEND_COMMAND vTP1,"'^GLH-1,200'"

But when I send it to a 'general' type button it does not work.
    This is despite the fact that both types of button have the 'Range High' parameter, both buttons have
    the same Address, Channel and Level ports and codes.

Cheers

Mush
  • viningvining Posts: 4,368
    So you're using raise and/or lower buttons set to Type "general" and in button properties under the programming tab you set "Level Control Type" parameters to that of your bargraph. Hmmm. I never even realized that was there and I can only assume that it works fine for direct level control and what your saying is the values set here aren't changed when you send the GLH command. Why not just scrub this approach for level control and do it in your code. That appears to be the easy work around.
  • mushmush Posts: 287
    vining wrote: »
    So you're using raise and/or lower buttons set to Type "general" and in button properties under the programming tab you set "Level Control Type" parameters to that of your bargraph. Hmmm. I never even realized that was there and I can only assume that it works fine for direct level control and what your saying is the values set here aren't changed when you send the GLH command. Why not just scrub this approach for level control and do it in your code. That appears to be the easy work around.

Yes that is what I'm doing and yes I will have to scrub this approach which would have been much less work.

I guess the main point is that a described feature does not work fully. Not the first time.