Home AMX User Forum AMXForums Archive Threads AMX Applications and Solutions

Breakout Box Pin Out

Has anyone used One Cat5 for both Ethernet and Video Only for a TP using a Breakout Box? I need to know if anyone knows the pin out on the audio/video side. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• DHawthorneDHawthorne Posts: 4,584
    I would hardly recommend it, but sometimes you just have to do funky things ...

I have one job where I ran power, Ethernet, and the video on a single CAT 5 to a CV12 panel. It worked, and continues to work, but I still shudder when I think of it. The Ethernet uses the green and orange pairs, terminated in the positions they normally would if you used a full wire. I used the blue pair for power (and yes, I know very well I far exceeded current ratings for normal CAT 5 ... this was an "enhanced" version, and the run was relatively shourt; about 5 feet), and the brown for video, the position on the RJ45 you can get from the diagrams posed already.
  • ericmedleyericmedley Posts: 4,177
    Has anyone used One Cat5 for both Ethernet and Video Only for a TP using a Breakout Box? I need to know if anyone knows the pin out on the audio/video side. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I'd use the single CAT5 wire you're trying to kluge into working as a pull string for two new CAT5 wires and a power cable that will work as it's supposed to...