Home AMX User Forum AMXForums Archive Threads AMX Hardware AutoPatch Forum
Options

Buffered Outputs for Inputs!

viningvining Posts: 4,368
I would like to see buffered outputs for every input on the Precis w/ DSP models. It would be nice if we could cascade inputs to multiple switchers w/o having to use Y's or other devices. I often need more than 18 zone outputs and so far no more that 18 inputs to work together as one seemless unit across multiple switchers. Using Y's is really tacky and looks like crap and most other devices provide buffered outputs for this purpose and I think it would be nice if the Autopatch swicthers could as well. The Precis series work very well in larger residential projects where 2 - 3 18x18's are needed but connecting them is a pain when sharing all inputs.

Comments

• Options
    Spire_JeffSpire_Jeff Posts: 1,917
    I think this is where they will tell you to upgrade to the next line of autopatch switchers that allows you more control over the number of inputs and outputs configured. (The only problem is that you loose the cool DSP features such as EQ if I recall correctly). That being said, I would like to see the features in the Precis line offered in the large product offerings. (Which may already be taken care of as it has been a while since we explored anything other than the Precis LT Products)

Jeff

P.S.
    I thought the LT Stood for something like Lite or Limited to indicate the target of the product: Restricted feature set, but at a restricted budget :)