Home AMX User Forum AMXForums Archive Threads AMX Website/Forums

Training section - Firefox - heads up

In Firefox 2, clicking on the "Enter AMX University" link on the training page will not take you into the AMX University system, instead it takes you to a blue learnflex login page where you cannot do anything, not even with your correct AMX.com username/password. There is no workaround, a different browser must be used to access the section (I used IE6).

This issue has been reported.

Comments

• ericmedleyericmedley Posts: 4,177
    mpullin wrote: »
    In Firefox 2, clicking on the "Enter AMX University" link on the training page will not take you into the AMX University system, instead it takes you to a blue learnflex login page where you cannot do anything, not even with your correct AMX.com username/password. There is no workaround, a different browser must be used to access the section (I used IE6).

I did IE7 without a problem. Now, a whole plethora of malware is invading my computer everytime I hit the goodle site. But that's a different story...

:)
  • Joe HebertJoe Hebert Posts: 2,159
    Have you tried upgrading to Firefox 3? I can enter AMX University using 3.0.
  • mpullin wrote: »

Works fine here.... FF 2.0.0.14, Javascript enabled, Cookies enabled
  • DarksideDarkside Posts: 345
    I have been a long time FF user, and have found FF3.0 pretty ordinary.

One issue I found that directly relates to this site is if you try and click an attachment it fails and will not open.

It reports:

The image “http://www.amxforums.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=908&d=1214790317” cannot be displayed, because it contains errors.

Weird. Any picture, any time

Sadly there are plenty of other things that take the edge of a great new upgrade too...
  • ericmedleyericmedley Posts: 4,177
    So can it be said that, "There are no browser agnostics in the Fire Fox holes?"
    :P
  • I have been a long time FF user, and have found FF3.0 pretty ordinary.

One issue I found that directly relates to this site is if you try and click an attachment it fails and will not open.

It reports:

The image ?http://www.amxforums.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=908&d=1214790317? cannot be displayed, because it contains errors.

Weird. Any picture, any time

Sadly there are plenty of other things that take the edge of a great new upgrade too...
    Wait, so you can't view the link you presented on FF 3.0? I'm using the FF 3.0 and can view it just fine. If I misinterpreted what you meant, then just disregard this.
  • DHawthorneDHawthorne Posts: 4,584
    Usually, that particular error message is when the image download gets interrupted before the entire image is in the cache. It could be a connection problem.
    Wait, so you can't view the link you presented on FF 3.0? I'm using the FF 3.0 and can view it just fine. If I misinterpreted what you meant, then just disregard this.
    The instant I click the link, the message comes up. Every time. Doesn't happen in IE, and never in FF2.x

I've used FF 2.x for ages and it was reliable etc etc. This version does some really odd things.

I played with this attachment issue again and discovered if I click right on the message, I am allowed to select view picture. After I do this, I see the picture.

Weird.
    So can it be said that, "There are no browser agnostics in the Fire Fox holes?"
    :P
    ...wouldn't expect anything less from you Eric! :-) Thanks for the smile!
    Well, like a dog with a bone I've been, but I have at least got my FF app up again, and I can view the images on the Forum.

I downgraded to FF 2.0.0.15 and the fault was still present. I considered that there was a config val still set somewhere. So I went through the about:config file looking for 'issues' but didn't find anything specific.

When I 'upgraded' to FF3.0, it went through my add ons and checked for compatability. I have since removed the JSView addon and the FF2 is behaving itself - except for spelling.

Hope the post is useful to others.
  • travtrav Posts: 188
    Firefox

Stick :

about:robots

in the address bar.
    trav wrote: »
    Stick :

about:robots

in the address bar.
    Nada. Squat!

about:config ok, about:robots - no show.
  • mpullinmpullin Posts: 949
    Nada. Squat!

about:config ok, about:robots - no show.
    He just said to stick it there, he didn't promise anything would happen. What did you think would happen?
    He just said to stick it there, he didn't promise anything would happen. What did you think would happen?
    Well, I had really hoped that perhaps a little grey robot with cool red shoulders might have showed up to ease my day, but, alas, it appears I'll just have to find a plastic pal who's fun to be with somewhere else.

...and then I suppose I'll get FF3 and get on with my day again.

:-)