Home AMX User Forum AMXForums Archive Threads AMX Website/Forums

I am a practicing taxonomist.

No, that doesn't mean I stuff real animals. I noticed this week we now have the capability to add tags to our threads. Hopefully this will make it easier to find threads that are linked in an intelligent way to what we are looking for, than to rely on the vBulletin search.

This will only be a truly useful feature if we keep using it. I suggest that everyone who uses this forum regularly, every day after lunch, go back in time and add tags to one(1) thread that doesn't have any tags (threads with tags have a very light colored tag icon next to them). Should take maybe a minute, but it will help us all in the future.

Be a taxonomist! (if that's a word)

EDIT: Click the "edit tags" link on the far right side of the Tags box at the bottom of the thread. It's very oddly placed and colored >(, I had trouble finding it. You can add 2 tags to a thread that is not your own and 5 tags to a thread that is your own. You can also delete tags that you feel are not appropriate.

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Administrator Posts: 0
    This is a new feature as of yesterday evening. Will check on old threads..
    Thanks
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Junior Member Posts: 0
    Tags have been increased to 10 for thread starter, 5 for non thrread starters, and 25 total tags per thread.
  • mpullinmpullin Posts: 949
    This is a new feature as of yesterday evening. Will check on old threads..
    Thanks
    No, thank YOU for the feature. I originally reported that it was impossible to add tags to a thread because I expected that option to appear when I clicked Edit Post on the first post in the thread. But no, the tags are at the very bottom and everyone can contribute, not just the thread starter. This is even better! Hopefully some of the forum regulars can help out so you don't have to sit there all day tagging old threads by yourself :p
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Administrator Posts: 0
    mpullin wrote: »
    No, thank YOU for the feature. I originally reported that it was impossible to add tags to a thread because I expected that option to appear when I clicked Edit Post on the first post in the thread. But no, the tags are at the very bottom and everyone can contribute, not just the thread starter. This is even better! Hopefully some of the forum regulars can help out so you don't have to sit there all day tagging old threads by yourself :p

You are more than welcome, Enjoy.