Home AMX User Forum AMXForums Archive Threads AMX Applications and Solutions

5200 Layout

Anyone have some "layouts" (screen shots) of what you use for the 5200? Whole house & single room control? We've never dealt with something this small that has these type of external controls, and of course nothing wireless this small.

I think I'll be running into a problem with keeping the "flow" neat and tidy. Any suggestions? Visuals would be great.

Comments

• TurnipTruckTurnipTruck Posts: 1,485
    I usually put a menu button in the upper-right hand corner that causes a drop-down of the main navigation from the screen top. My sub-nav goes vertically up the left side. On smaller systems, like the example image, the main nav goes on the left side.
  • mcottonmcotton Posts: 38
    I usually put a menu button in the upper-right hand corner that causes a drop-down of the main navigation from the screen top. My sub-nav goes vertically up the left side. On smaller systems, like the example image, the main nav goes on the left side.

That is a great design. Good job
  • ericmedleyericmedley Posts: 4,177
    jjames wrote: »
    Anyone have some "layouts" (screen shots) of what you use for the 5200? Whole house & single room control? We've never dealt with something this small that has these type of external controls, and of course nothing wireless this small.

I think I'll be running into a problem with keeping the "flow" neat and tidy. Any suggestions? Visuals would be great.

I'm kinda switching the layout from 'navigation buttons along the top' to 'nav buttons along the left-hand side'

You know, it is smaller, but for some reason it seems easier to read. It seems like the screen has a better contrast ratio. The image seems a bit sharper than the 8400.
  • TurnipTruckTurnipTruck Posts: 1,485
    ericmedley wrote: »
    I'm kinda switching the layout from 'navigation buttons along the top' to 'nav buttons along the left-hand side'

I agree 100%. On widescreen panels I do primary nav down the side. On the left for right-handed people and on the right for left-handed people. That way when they are operating the main buttons of the page, their hand is not blocking the nav.
  • DHawthorneDHawthorne Posts: 4,584
    I'm using the same layout I would use for a CV-7, but without small buttons. I put navigation in a popup on the bottom (basically a modified Khaki template), because most of my jobs need that horizontal space for the number of sources.
  • jjamesjjames Posts: 2,908
    ericmedley wrote: »
    I agree 100%. On widescreen panels I do primary nav down the side. On the left for right-handed people and on the right for left-handed people. That way when they are operating the main buttons of the page, their hand is not blocking the nav.

I (we) do just the opposite. Most, if not all of our designs have the main navigation down the left (i.e. source selects) and a sub nav up on top. I was thinking with such a smaller screen that the source navs should at the top & bottom. Or just have two buttons up on top, one says "listen" and the other says "watch", and just have popups from there to select their source. Perhaps I'm looking at it "wrong", which is why I kinda started this discussion. With a screen "this small", it almost needs to be a different flow than the 7" panels & up. If we were to use our wide screen displays on a 5" (which we have with a CV5) the buttons are just way to small, and to resize them would most likely disrupt the panel's flow.

Hence we're looking for a new "flow" for the 5" screens.

Good ideas though all around, we'll be keeping a lot of it in mind. Keep them coming however. :D