Home AMX User Forum AMXForums Archive Threads Residential Forum

Weather Images

Does anyone have any reliable sites for dynamic images that can be used for weather. This includes any data and maps.

I know weather.com is a good source any others?

D

Comments

• DHawthorneDHawthorne Posts: 4,584
    davidv wrote: »
    Does anyone have any reliable sites for dynamic images that can be used for weather. This includes any data and maps.

I know weather.com is a good source any others?

D

Actually, weather.com is not a good source because they have a posted copyright notice disallowing the use of their images without permission. It's likely you would get away with using them anyway, but since you are selling your panel design, it is possible, however unlikely, that they might enforce it if it comes to their attention. So, you could get their written permission, or find some free use images.

Personally, I'm using Weatherbug because they have freely distributed weather icons for the use of widget developers and the like, and they only ask for attribution. You won't get radar images from them though.
  • 2Fast2Fast Posts: 90
    How can I put these information on AMX dynamic images ... what I must to put on host, path ... etc

I put security cameras on MVP-8400 few weeks ago ... so how can I put a website image?

Thank you!
  • Dynamic image

You post the dynamic image the same way as a security camera.

Create a dynamic image
    HTTP

www.thesitename.com

/thefolderextensionname

/thefilename

Then create a button in TPD4

Now within the button you select an image to be displayed on the button located within the button properties find the dynamic image file name and select the name.
  • 2Fast2Fast Posts: 90
    forget about it.....;)
  • davidvdavidv Posts: 90
    Weather images

Does anyone know of a website where you can get weather images by your zip code?