Home AMX User Forum NetLinx Studio

Column Mode

Does NS have a column mode buried somewhere? I often have a need to copy/paste across columns and many editors can do this.
Thanks,
Paul

Comments

• viningvining Posts: 4,368
    cntrl + alt and select (highlight) your column.
  • I may be wrong, but I don't think you actually need ctrl... alt+highlight should do the trick. (?)
  • viningvining Posts: 4,368
    matt95gsr wrote:
    I may be wrong, but I don't think you actually need ctrl... alt+highlight should do the trick. (?)
    Well, you're absolutely right and I've been doing the hard way all this time!
  • a_riot42a_riot42 Posts: 1,624
    matt95gsr wrote: »
    I may be wrong, but I don't think you actually need ctrl... alt+highlight should do the trick. (?)

This doesn't work for me. What version of NS are you using?
    Paul

EDIT: Wait it seems to work, although slightly differently that I had thought. Thanks!

EDIT AGAIN: It appears holding alt + selecting text with the mouse is supported, but selecting text with the arrows requires shift + alt. That's what I was looking for.
  • vining wrote: »
    matt95gsr wrote:

Well, you're absolutely right and I've been doing the hard way all this time!

Hmm...I thought maybe I was doing something wrong and unsupported all this time. [shrug]
  • a_riot42 wrote: »
    This doesn't work for me. What version of NS are you using?
    Paul

EDIT: Wait it seems to work, although slightly differently that I had thought. Thanks!

EDIT AGAIN: It appears holding alt + selecting text with the mouse is supported, but selecting text with the arrows requires shift + alt. That's what I was looking for.

And to think, I'd given up on doing with the arrow keys and figured I'd always have to resort to the mouse for that sort of thing. That should help, thanks!
  • a_riot42a_riot42 Posts: 1,624
    matt95gsr wrote: »
    And to think, I'd given up on doing with the arrow keys and figured I'd always have to resort to the mouse for that sort of thing. That should help, thanks!

Yes its far too useful a feature to have buried with no documentation.
  • Sonofagun! I never knew NS could do that! I can't even think of how many times I've had to sequentially number a column by hand because I couldn't grab a column and use the auto-numbering :mad:.

Great question Paul, great answer Matt and Dan.

--John
  • That makes the ALT-S useful when you can highlight across columns.