Home AMX User Forum AMX General Discussion

Non-AMX Thread: What are you listening to?

Comments

• TonyAngeloTonyAngelo Posts: 315
    jjames wrote: »
    Hafs?l - Sigur R?s

Is that the new album you've got? I need to get on the ball. Their going on tour this summer, I'm going to have to go, they put on an amazing live show.
  • jjamesjjames Posts: 2,908
    TonyAngelo wrote: »
    Is that the new album you've got? I need to get on the ball. Their going on tour this summer, I'm going to have to go, they put on an amazing live show.
    From Heima and Hvarf-Heim, I didn't know they put out another; I missed out on a concert they did in Kansas City on the 19th (I think) and tickets were only $28, and was only them. Definitely not music for everyone though - my wife hates them and makes fun of me for listening to it. (Just like Queen . . . she's got no musical taste whatsoever!)
  • ericmedleyericmedley Posts: 4,177
    The Sundays - Blind and Reading, Writing and Arithmetic
    ... which is pleasant morning fare...
  • Spire_JeffSpire_Jeff Posts: 1,917
    The gentle hum of rack fans mixing ever so elegantly with the slight whisper of conditioned air being pumped into the room.

/me breaks into spontaneous meditation and begins to float.

Jeff
  • The cleaning dude with his vacuum, and random noises of things being dropped and knocked over.

Also, the scratching thought of the infamous Mr. Bill A. Jakob.

More vacuum.
    The cleaning dude with his vacuum, and random noises of things being dropped and knocked over.

More vacuum.
    Ha!
    :P
    I have this weird nerve thing in my head. If someone is running a weed whacker when I'm at the client's house, my mind cannot work. It drives me crazy..

It's like scratching a cat on the back just next to thier tail. They glaze over and start cleaning their paws compulsively.

Weed whacker= not coding
  • mpullinmpullin Posts: 949
    Not sure how that's related, but what an interesting guy.
  • mpullin wrote: »
    Not sure how that's related, but what an interesting guy.
    The news article kept noisily running through my head... Yeah, that's a stretch.

But more legitimately, I'm presently listening to the sound of aircraft from the airport next door.
    Cape Cod Kwassa Kwassa - Vampire Weekend
  • MWNE2MWNE2 Posts: 15
    Listening to Kid Rock for the weekend
    Smashing Pumpkins covering Fleetwood Mac's Landslide.

Jeff
    Wilco - Sky Blue Sky
    Listening to Adult Alternatives on Music Choice . . . .

"Always A Friend" - Alejandro Escovedo
  • iainshawiainshaw Posts: 133
    Introducing ...Ruben Gonzalez (not good at too many accented characters)
    I found this to be very fitting seeing as I am in the middle of a (let's just call it interesting) debug session.

Frederic Chopin - "Funeral March" sonata 3

Jeff
  • glr-ftiglr-fti Posts: 286
    Don Henley "I Will Not Go Queitly." Seems appropriate for the way the week has been.
  • The Eye of the World: Book One of the Wheel of Time
    Robert Jordan
    Audio Book

Pretty good fiction novel, though it requires a very long attention span as the audio book is about 27 hours long.
    Shut Up and Let Me Go - The Ting Tings
    Pretty good fiction novel, though it requires a very long attention span as the audio book is about 27 hours long.
    That's quite a while to be listening to a book. My father is just now wrapping up Atlas Shrugged - Unabridged and said that was close to 60 hours.
    The 5,6,7,8's
    ericmedley wrote: »
    The 5,6,7,8's
    Whoaw . . . I'd love to see what else is in your music collection.
  • TonyAngeloTonyAngelo Posts: 315
    jjames wrote: »
    My father is just now wrapping up Atlas Shrugged - Unabridged and said that was close to 60 hours.

I read the book in high school. If I remember right there is a speech given by the main character, John Galt, that goes on for over one hundred pages.
  • DJ Jazzy Jeff & the Fresh Prince
    And in This Corner...
    filpee wrote: »
    DJ Jazzy Jeff & the Fresh Prince
    And in This Corner...

Wow . . . now that's OLD SKOOL! :D

Currently, I'm listening to clock tick here at home.
  • KennyKenny Posts: 209
    filpee wrote: »
    DJ Jazzy Jeff & the Fresh Prince
    And in This Corner...

I used to know all the words to "The Show" and one other song by DJ Jazzy and Dougy Fresh song.
    That takes me back to the "good ol' days". :)
  • jjames wrote: »
    That's quite a while to be listening to a book. My father is just now wrapping up Atlas Shrugged - Unabridged and said that was close to 60 hours.
    It was rather enjoyable to listen to, and I listened to the book after that one of 25 hours. The only problem is that they're rather expensive at about $35-$50 a piece... :(
    Currently listening to:

Piano Concerto, No. 2, Mov. 1 - Rachmaninoff (pianist Idil Biret)
    (will be listening to the entire concerto and then have the complete Rachmaninoff preludes queued up)
  • davidvdavidv Posts: 90
    Listening

I'm Listening to www.Pandora.com

The track the is currently playing in my customized station is:
    Counting Crows Rain King (Live)

Before that was DJ Shadow The Private Press
  • Britney Spears. That's right, I admit it...

When I am writing code, depending on my mood, I prefer Britney Spears, Pantera, Marilyn Manson, or hardcore techno. If I am designing a touchpanel, Bob Marley is my music of choice. Right this very second, I am rocking Britney...
    When I am writing code, depending on my mood, I prefer Britney Spears, Pantera, Marilyn Manson, or hardcore techno. If I am designing a touchpanel, Bob Marley is my music of choice. Right this very second, I am rocking Britney...

That's quite a jump of genres right there . . . from Spears to Pantera. Whatever gets you going, right? I occasionally will put Bizet's "Carmen" (the Maria Callas recording no less - her voice is quite different, but beautiful) . . . and our phone guy actually muted my computer once while I went out for a smoke; he said he couldn't take it any longer. But yeah . . . . whatever gets you going, eh? :D
  • Today, I am on a Hendrix kick for some reason. Right now I m listening to "Castles Made Of Sand".

Most of the time I am forced to wear headphones anyway. Works out great for me since I don't have to listen to all of the mindless chatter. Plus, I can always act like I can't hear when someone is speaking to me... :D