Home AMX User Forum AMX General Discussion

Hello World!

Hi all, I'm new to these parts so thought I might introduce myself. I've recently starting working for VideoPro in Brisbane, Australia as a control systems programmer. I come from a live audio and interactive (game audio) background so am one of those geeky media guys.

Looking forward to sharing (and utilizing) tips and tricks as I submerge myself in the world of AMX.

Comments

• viningvining Posts: 4,368
    Welcome aboard mate!
  • Spire_JeffSpire_Jeff Posts: 1,917
    Welcome to the forums Kim!

Jeff

P.S.

I was just thinking... the subject should have been: send_command dvForum,"'^BMF-',itoa(ForumThreadNumber),',0,%THello World!'"; :)
  • jjamesjjames Posts: 2,908
    Spire_Jeff wrote: »
    Welcome to the forums Kim!

Jeff

P.S.

I was just thinking... the subject should have been: send_command dvForum,"'^BMF-',itoa(ForumThreadNumber),',0,%THello World!'"; :)

Jeff! Using such a big mother....err-ummm . . . command like that might not be everyone's tastes. Perhaps Kim likes to use the leaner TEXT command. :D

Welcome Kim!!

P.S.
    I have a question . . . your "forum name", is it supposed to be like . . . "frea-kay", or "freak"? Just curious . . . :)
  • Spire_JeffSpire_Jeff Posts: 1,917
    jjames wrote: »
    Jeff! Using such a big mother....err-ummm . . . command like that might not be everyone's tastes. Perhaps Kim likes to use the leaner TEXT command. :D

Welcome Kim!!

But my way is more complex and cryptic which makes me look like I know more than I do :). Then again, maybe I'm just compensating with big code.

So as to not completely hijack the thread. Kim, have you had a chance to play around with any AMX gear yet? If so, what are your first impressions?

Jeff
  • Welcome to the forums Kim.

--John
    is it supposed to be like . . . "frea-kay", or "freak"? Just curious . . . :)
    lol!
  • TurnipTruckTurnipTruck Posts: 1,485
    PhreaK wrote: »
    as I submerge myself in the world of AMX.

Wait until you see how much of an understatement that is!
  • matt95gsrmatt95gsr Posts: 165
    Welcome to the forums, Kim. I hope you find this place to be a great resource to further your knowledge. I know that I certainly have. There are lots of great folks participating here.
  • PhreaKPhreaK Posts: 966
    @jjames
    Always been pronounced as 'freak', just a more frea-kay way of spelling it :)

@Spire_Jeff
    Been playing around with an NI-700 on my desk to get my head round netlinx nuances. I felt rather geeky after rocking up on my first day and making the IO's flash "hello world" in morse code.
    At the moment I'm just doing a bit of R&D (read include building, as the place I'm at doesn't do the module thing) on a few bits of gear. I've managed to learn my way round TP4Design and have been working on a few sexy testbench interfaces as I'm experimenting. Apart from the I'm just waiting on the next programmer I course to come round so I can't start of the whole certification aspect and get out in the field.
    As with any language there are a few things that make you want to throw your laptop against a surface much harder and more damage resistant than it, but all in all it's fairly logical.

Cheers for the warm welcome all.
  • yuriyuri Posts: 861
    @jjames
    Always been pronounced as 'freak', just a more frea-kay way of spelling it :)

@Spire_Jeff
    Been playing around with an NI-700 on my desk to get my head round netlinx nuances. I felt rather geeky after rocking up on my first day and making the IO's flash "hello world" in morse code.
    At the moment I'm just doing a bit of R&D (read include building, as the place I'm at doesn't do the module thing) on a few bits of gear. I've managed to learn my way round TP4Design and have been working on a few sexy testbench interfaces as I'm experimenting. Apart from the I'm just waiting on the next programmer I course to come round so I can't start of the whole certification aspect and get out in the field.
    As with any language there are a few things that make you want to throw your laptop against a surface much harder and more damage resistant than it, but all in all it's fairly logical.

Cheers for the warm welcome all.

show us the code, i'm guessing a lot of WAIT()'s? ;)
  • PhreaKPhreaK Posts: 966
    yuri wrote: »
    show us the code, i'm guessing a lot of WAIT()'s? ;)
    Timeline with each event toggling the io state. Much nicer :)
  • yuriyuri Posts: 861
    Timeline with each event toggling the io state. Much nicer :)

nice! well done ;)
  • Now that line nearly had me falling out of my chair... :)
    Spire_Jeff wrote: »
    Then again, maybe I'm just compensating with big code.
  • mikecmikec Posts: 14
    Welcome aboard Kim; good to see another bananabender around here and some extra grunt on the VP programming team. Hopefully your workplace induction included all the important bits - ie: where the good coffee shop is...

You'll probably get a hell of a lot out of this list - I know I do, though I tend to keep fairly quiet its been a great resource.

Cheers,

Mike
  • mpullinmpullin Posts: 949
    mikec wrote: »
    Welcome aboard Kim; good to see another bananabender around here and some extra grunt on the VP programming team. Hopefully your workplace induction included all the important bits - ie: where the good coffee shop is...
    Do bananabenders make the bananas straight? :-|
  • mikecmikec Posts: 14
    Now you're just being silly...

Everyone knows Bananas start out straight and a bunch of oompaloompas run around making them kinky!