Home AMX User Forum AMXForums Archive Threads AMX Hardware
Options

Anyone Used Tango Yet?

Greetings,

I'm still looking for a nice multizone system for a few projects.

Has anyone had any experience with the Tango yet?

Programmability?

Unsolicited feedback?

Thanks.

Comments

• Options
    ColzieColzie Posts: 470
    Surely someone has programmed a system with a Tango in it?

Bueller........? Bueller........?

Any thoughts on it and/or the AMX Tango module?
  • Options
    ericmedleyericmedley Posts: 4,177
    Greetings,

I'm still looking for a nice multizone system for a few projects.

Has anyone had any experience with the Tango yet?

Programmability?

Unsolicited feedback?

Thanks.

I'm about to do so. If it's just the matrix revisited, then it'll work like it works. We tend not to do matrix because of the general slowness of the system.

I'll post about the experience if someone doesn't beat me to it.
    e
  • Options
    I was told by AMX that the new module is much better than the Matrix one (for what that is worth).

Does AMX provide the RS232 codes for AMX products, or are we forced to use their modules?
  • Options
    Just finished integrating a six zone tango. For some reason the Netlinx module worked better for me than the Duet, but there were no hassles either way. The serial protocol document comes with the Netlinx module, should anyone want to go commando.
  • Options
    Anyone controlled a Tango via IP from an NI? There is no documentation (that I could find) on how to make the connection, and tech support does not know (waiting on a call back).

I've installed the network card and can use the Mi-Control software to control it.
  • Options
    jjamesjjames Posts: 2,908
    I had to integrate with a Tango a few weeks ago. I skipped the modules and just went straight with the programming protocol. Worked great for what I had to do.
  • Options
    jjames wrote: »
    I had to integrate with a Tango a few weeks ago. I skipped the modules and just went straight with the programming protocol. Worked great for what I had to do.

Did you control it via IP? I've done 232 without problem, also writing my own module.
  • Options
    jjamesjjames Posts: 2,908
    Colzie wrote: »
    Did you control it via IP? I've done 232 without problem, also writing my own module.

No, just 232. Didn't even know you could go the IP route.
  • Options
    I can't find anything but the Duet module for Matrix/Tango. If anyone has the Netlinx module and is willing to send me a copy please let me know.

Or send to jeff AT ihatulsa.com
    (replace the AT)

Thanks