Home AMX User Forum AMX General Discussion

Programmer III (part deaux)

2»

Comments

• There is another Programmer III course scheduled in New York- November 17-19th.
  • Will anyone else be attending next week's session in NYC?
  • jjamesjjames Posts: 2,908
    I wish I could have gone to NYC - that'd be awesome! Texas was cool though since I'd never been there before.

Let us know how it goes!
  • DHawthorneDHawthorne Posts: 4,584
    Another one I missed because I've simply been too busy. Maybe the next one ...
  • There is a Programmer III class Dec 1-3 @ AMX east in PA. I'm curious to see who is teaching the class.
  • JeffJeff Posts: 374
    I'll be at the class tomorrow with another guy from my Company. I'll let you know who is teaching it. Here's hoping it is someone good, because I don't have time to take off from work, and since I'm doing it anyway, I want to actually learn something :)
  • Spire_JeffSpire_Jeff Posts: 1,917
    Jeff wrote: »
    I'll be at the class tomorrow with another guy from my Company. I'll let you know who is teaching it. Here's hoping it is someone good, because I don't have time to take off from work, and since I'm doing it anyway, I want to actually learn something :)

If you are going to Programmer III hoping to learn something, but you don't have a clear idea of what you want to learn, you have a chance of being very disappointed. (IMHO) Programmer III is driven by class participation. I would suggest coming up with a couple of things that you definitely want to learn or discuss while at the class.

Use the class to discuss a couple of things that you normally run across in every job and see how others handle them. This is when you learn something more than just syntax, you learn to view the code in a different light and with different eyes. It's kind of like a Rorschach test... there is no right and wrong answer, but different people see different things. You can then use this knowledge and insight to expand your understanding and implementation procedures.

This is all just my opinion of the class :)
    Jeff
  • JeffJeff Posts: 374
    Thats exactly what I planned for and what appears to be the case so far. I've got a few things I want to see that we'll be covering apparently, although we haven't gotten to them yet. So far we're doing IP Communication and Structures, which I also covered in Programmer II and have been using for a year or more now. I don't know why we're going over something like that again . . . . seems like a waste of time.

FYI, Its Al Crain from the Tampa office teaching the class.

J