Home AMX User Forum AMX Technical Discussion
Options

Intercom Panels

HI, I need some help here. This is the scenario: Is a big house with 4 NI3100, some masters will have one panel and some will have two, for a total of 6 TP. Also there will be a CSG580 gateway and a MET-ecom on the main entrance. They want to have the intercome feature of the panels and if its possible to dial and receive phone calls.

Is this all possible?

I almost put all the pieces together but still have a lot of questions. For example:

- I know there is a Duet module for the Intercome feature of the panels.
Does this module have to be loaded in every master?

- Does the CSG580 needs to be devine as a device? In all masters?

- The CSG580 is needed for the intercome feature of the panels?

I know there will be more questions down the road but this for now.
Thanks in advance,

Comments

• Options
    travtrav Posts: 188
    VOIP - SIP Integration

Well, lets start at the begining...
    Is this all possible?
    YES! Definatly Everything you ask in your opening paragraph is exactly what we have on offer from the VoIP panels!
    - I know there is a Duet module for the Intercome feature of the panels.
    Does this module have to be loaded in every master?

Well... there is an intercom module... BUT the panels (some are still waiting for firmware upgrades but these should be out _soon_) are now sip compatible devices! Meaning that you go into the panel, and set the IP address of the SIP server, the CSG in your case, the username - usually the extension number, and the password - I just use the device ID's of the panels. and they will connect and register with the server just like ANY SIP capable IP phone, or even software based SIP Phones like 3CX.

So, No you don't need a module at all... all that happens is you would show a keypad on screen, capture the numbers entered, concat them into a string and then send a command to the panel telling it what number to dial, either the extension of another panel, or an external number.

ie: SEND_COMMAND dvTP,"'PHN-CALL6001'" will call extension 6001
    - Does the CSG580 needs to be devine as a device? In all masters?

No, the CSG is a stand alone IP (SIP) based PBX system, supports voice mail, dialing rules, call forwarding, hold music etc etc. The CSG allows you to manage you IP based phone system like any other analogue or digital PBX system.
    - The CSG580 is needed for the intercome feature of the panels?

No, you can just use the intercom module, but I much prefer using a SIP server as it gives you much more flexibility! I mean, being able to send and recieve phone calls from your Touchpanel? How cool is that!
    I know there will be more questions down the road but this for now.
    Thanks in advance,

You are most welcome!
  • Options
    Intercome Panels

Thank you for the enlighten...
  • Options
    RonenRonen Posts: 55
    Another question

Trav,
    maybe you can help me with a question regarding this issue...
    i got a costumer that has a SIP server and 2 MET-ECOM, he wants to have an "away from home" button when pressed it will send all intercom from the MET-ECOM that was pressed to the SIP server and from there to his cell phone... is this thing possible? i know the MET-ECOM is VOIP... and both devices are AMX made, but i don't see a command to allow me this... any idea?

Thanks,
    Ronen
  • Options
    davidvdavidv Posts: 90
    Possible?

This should be possible but it will use his cell phone minutes.
  • Options
    MET-ECOM / VOIP Integration

Is it possible to page from a MET-ECOM to a VOIP Interface and talk to a VOIP participant ?
    According to article from davidv "should be possible" but how ??
    Propably I nead a xxxVi panel to talk over intercom to that panel and transfer further to his SIP Gateway ? Or is there another chance to install a CSGateway ?

Thanks for help !
    Tom
  • Options
    pwspws Posts: 1
    Feedback from AMX AutoPatch

HI need help with AMX AutoPatch Audio Matrix 18 input's on 18 output's DSP. I want create bargraphs to every 18 output's to control the volume level of this output's with feedback from the device and I don't know how to do it. May be someone do it, if yes Can you send me a little piece of program with a simple graphic with only two first output's as exemple,

Thank you
  • Options
    jjamesjjames Posts: 2,908
    pws wrote: »
    HI need help with AMX AutoPatch Audio Matrix 18 input's on 18 output's DSP. I want create bargraphs to every 18 output's to control the volume level of this output's with feedback from the device and I don't know how to do it. May be someone do it, if yes Can you send me a little piece of program with a simple graphic with only two first output's as exemple,

Thank you

I'm curious how this even relates to this particular thread. Perhaps you'd be better suited created a new thread - usually an accepted practice on a forum. ;)

Also, another accepted and urged practice is to read the forum sticky (from start to finish . . . particularly the fourth question.) Read it over as many times as you need.

Good luck!

(Moderator - perhaps some clean up is in order?)