Home AMX User Forum AMX General Discussion
Options

PhoneBook

Hi,
I got 2 costumers that bought the new CSG-544 SIP sever. They both have their 3G phones that sync with outlook/exchange and want to be able to browse that list with the G4 panels.

Have no clue how to start with this... how to open a tcp connection to outlook... and so on...

any ideas would be appreciated

Ronen

Comments

• Options
    maxifoxmaxifox Posts: 209
    Well, the customer should know the reason why they bought a SIP gateway... The gateway is running a version of Asterisk. So you are now talking about integration of Asterisk into existing infrastructure. From what I understand, they use 3G, not IP phones. Most likely, we talk about Microsoft Exchange ActiveSync, but maybe a pair Cisco CallManager and MS Exchange. Definitely, the solution with TCP connection to Outlook is out of question.

I am really interested in how you doing the integration, and I guess many AMXers will join here as well... Please keep us updated.
  • Options
    RonenRonen Posts: 55
    maxifox wrote: »
    Well, the customer should know the reason why they bought a SIP gateway...

well... you know how a sales person comes to you and says: "you think the SIP can do this and this..." and you replay "theoretically yes" and he goes and sale it...?

anyway, I don't believe that a customer would like only a keypad with numbers on his panel, so he can dial numbers from his memory, with no phone book or contacts manager, even in their BMW/Lexus/etc car they have a car phone that will sync with their contacts...
    maxifox wrote: »
    The gateway is running a version of Asterisk. So you are now talking about integration of Asterisk into existing infrastructure.

I don't want to integrate the Asterisk, i have a AMX controller I can use, I was thinking more in the idea of getting xml from exchange server that will include the contacts info, then cut out the info i need and dial/sms/e-mail that number/contact.

I am now looking in msdn in ways to get that info in xml... wish me goodluck... ; ;

if I find anything i will post here.

thanks again

ronen
  • Options
    The first thing comes to my mind, why not to call AMX Tech Support and ask them for a howto on the subject?
  • Options
    viningvining Posts: 4,368
    Ronen wrote:
    I don't want to integrate the Asterisk, i have a AMX controller I can use,
    I've been reading up on this since I may be including one on a current job and intregrating through Asterisk may be the work around.

According to this link: http://www.asterisk.org/node/48492 they are going to try and make Asterisk adaptive and work with other data base types rather than making us conform to a fixed type chosen by Asterisk.

You can also read this: http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkID=79592 which discusses a OMPM file scanner that will scan :MS Office" files and log them in XML if you run SQLXML 3.0 SP3 on the PC running the file scanning.

The reading is a little too heavy for a Sunday evening but it looks like it has potential. If you can get the files on a PC in XML you could then just ftp them into the master and parse the data.

Has any body used the AMX SIP Gateway yet? What IP phones did you use, Cisco, Linksys, Polycom, etc? Is there any benefit to using the AMX SIP Gateway over any other Asterisk PBX System or Cisco Call Manager?
  • Options
    Ronen,

How it was going with the installation? Would you please give us some feedback on the SIP and its integration? Thank you.