Home AMX User Forum AMX General Discussion

MVP5200 VS MVP5150

Is there any other difference between these two panels others than the 5200 having the hard buttons and intercom capabilities?

Comments

• I know what you mean, It's not clear what feature set this panel has...
  • flcusatflcusat Posts: 309
    Jimweir192 wrote: »
    I know what you mean, It's not clear what feature set this panel has...

Apparently the other difference is the lack of integrated kick stand on the 5150. AMX just renewed the look of the product page on the web site overnight. I don't know if they did any other changes though.
  • yuriyuri Posts: 861
    Intercom functionality and kickstand, that's about it :)

oh, and price :D
  • flcusatflcusat Posts: 309
    yuri wrote: »
    Intercom functionality and kickstand, that's about it :)

oh, and price :D

Hard buttons too
  • DHawthorneDHawthorne Posts: 4,584
    Does the 5150 support dynamic images? I don't mean streaming media, but the ability to pull an image off a server (like cover art from a media server). I don't see any of the appropriate commands in the protocol section of the manual (like ^RFM, etc.). Neither do I see it listed in any of the feature summaries ... but the manual does mention URL resources. If you can specify a URL in the panel file, that's one thing, but to be able to change it is necessary for things like cover art.
  • Joe HebertJoe Hebert Posts: 2,159
    DHawthorne wrote: »
    Does the 5150 support dynamic images?
    I can?t speak from firsthand experience but according to the chart (attached) in the touch panels brochure, the 5150 and 5100 don?t support dynamic images.
  • DHawthorneDHawthorne Posts: 4,584
    Thanks, never saw that chart, it's very helpful.
    Here?s the other half of the chart from the next page of the TP brochure pdf.
  • elytronicelytronic Posts: 51
    Just to make sure I have it correct simce I am working on a proposal for a project where we do not need intercom capabilities and budget is very important so if I can I will go for 5150s instead of 5200s. Does the 5150 support dynamic images or not? Other than cover art where is dynamic image support important in a residential project?
    elytronic wrote: »
    Other than cover art where is dynamic image support important in a residential project?
    Dynamic images are used for weather maps, IP cameras, and family picture slide shows to name a few.
  • jazzwyldjazzwyld Posts: 199
    In his document the NXD-500i doesn't support dynamic images, but on the website it says it does...I wonder which is correct.
  • NXD-500i Dynamic Images

The NXD-500i does support Dynamic Images, A current touch panel comparison chart is available on the website

http://www.amx.com/assets/comparisonCharts/Chart-TouchPanels.pdf

Thanks