Home AMX User Forum AMX Design Tools
Options

Jog Wheel Control?

I'm trying to create a Jog Wheel button for Pro VCR. Does anybody have any ideas for possible dragging in a circular motion? I tried using "Joystick" button, but I'm not able to constrain the motion into a circle. Any ideas?

Comments

• Options
    Spire_JeffSpire_Jeff Posts: 1,917
    Check out the help file and search for Touch Map. That should do what you need.

Jeff
  • Options
    cbritocbrito Posts: 8
    Thanks for your help!
  • Options
    a_riot42a_riot42 Posts: 1,624
    I haven't used a Touch Map before but I built a scroll wheel similar to an iPod using the joy stick control. It works quite well, but involves some tricky math. Let us know if you have luck with the Touch Map as it might be worth exploring as well. From the help file, it doesn't sound like it would operate like a jog device but perhaps it will if you set it up correctly with the correct images. The thing I like about the joystick is that you can scroll around with no complicated image structure, and the farther out from the center of the circle the faster it scrolls, so you can change the speed dynamically depending on how close to the center of the circle your finger is. You can also make the control a donut shape so that the center of the circle is a button similar to the iPod that doesn't scroll.
    Paul