Home AMX User Forum AMXForums Archive Threads AMX Hardware
Options

R4 Slow Page Flips from Code

Greetings,

When sending page flip commands from code, the R4 takes about 3 seconds before the page finally flips. There is no other data being sent to the R4 at the time of the flip.

Anyone else seen this?

Seems the R4 is still a work in progress.

Comments

• Options
    AuserAuser Posts: 506
    I see this behaviour with my R4 after a couple of weeks uptime. Rebooting the remote makes it responsive again. I suspect it probably stems from the same issue you raised here: http://www.amxforums.com/showthread.php?t=4981
  • Options
    TurnipTruckTurnipTruck Posts: 1,485
    Thanks. In that previous post of mine, a firmware update helped quite a bit. Not so fortunate here though.

I'm hoping for another firmware update for these darn things. I think there is a lot to be cleaned up yet.
  • Options
    True, they're pretty good for the most part though.

One thing that drives me nuts is that my remote doesn't wake up when I pick it up and I have to shake it to make it come on. Have you seen that?
  • Options
    DHawthorneDHawthorne Posts: 4,584
    Auser wrote: »
    True, they're pretty good for the most part though.

One thing that drives me nuts is that my remote doesn't wake up when I pick it up and I have to shake it to make it come on. Have you seen that?

Sticky motion switch? It requires that you both touch the side rails and it detects some motion to wake up, but usually, just the act of pulling it out of the dock suffices. I've had a few times when I had to give it a shake too, but that's not usually necessary. Maybe you are just too delicate with it :).
  • Options
    That could be it... my precioussss... :D It tends to sit on the couch asleep beside me mostly, never had a problem with it not waking up when picking it up from the dock.