Home AMX User Forum NetLinx Studio
Options

Bug on an mvp 7500 - can't enter setup pages

Hi everyone.

I have been working with the same TP for some time now. It's always worked fine. Yesterday, I had to upload a new programming to it, but it wasn't connecting to the system via wireless. So I entered the TP's setup pages, checked the wireless configuration, and since it was OK, just rebooted the panel. When it finished booting, it wouldn't connect again. So I tried to enter setup pages again, and it just simply wouldn't get there. If I keep holding the two bottom buttons as I always did for the usual 3 seconds (and I tried for far more time than that) nothing happens. So the panel just shows my user pages, but doesn't connect to the system nor allow me to change it's configuration.
I can't upload new programming through USB because I'd have to set it up for that through the setup pages, and same goes for new firmware.

Can anyone help me?

Comments

• Options
    From Netlinx -> Control a device -> address of your panel
    SEND_COMMAND NameOfYourPanel,"'SETUP'"

This should open the setup page.
  • Options
    jp1016jp1016 Posts: 32
    But the panel is not connecting to the network... How will I be able to send a command to it this way?
  • Options
    If it's not connected (ie its not in the online tree in studio) then you can't use send_command.

Have you pulled the batteries and held left & right buttons from a cold boot? If you hold long enough you should always get to the calibrate page eventually.

The other thing to try is to setup a WLAN with no security and SSID "AMX" as this is the default and the panel may connect to this if something has gone wonky with the Wifi Card.
  • Options
    jazzwyldjazzwyld Posts: 199
    You could also pull the batteries and press the touchpanel until the panel boots up, if you keep pressure the whole time eventually the panel will enter into the setup pages.
  • Options
    if you have installed the AMX USBlan driver, you simply can connect the panel to your PC, and then start a telnet session to IP 10.0.0.2 (AMX USBlan establishes a TCP/IP connect by USB, where the PC has IP 10.0.0.1). This always works independently of the System Connection setup. If you got connection, there are several terminal commends, i.e. to set the IP wlan settings. But you also can send the panel setup from there

Hope this helps.
  • Options
    Thanks everyone for the replies. You guys are very helpful. This forum has helped me very much through Netlinx language learning =)

thanks again
  • Options
    For future reference or to help someone who may have this problem some day, this Telnet idea Marc described worked quite well.

Danke Sch?n Marc =)