Home AMX User Forum AMX General Discussion
Options

Getting 'support' type PMs???

Hey all,

are any of you getting PMs from people on the forum that seem to have the tenor of 'Support type' questions from new members with zero posts?

Here's an example of one I just got.

>member name here<
Junior Member Join Date: Aug 2008

X Panel capibility

I have a AMX AXB-TPI 15 touchpanel that is being controlled over axlink. I know this is a old TP unit and probably cant control over my network, so do I have to created a X panel from stratch to control remotely. Then, were would i go from there?

I don't mind answering them. But it does seem strange that they wouldn't call the REAL tech support.

Comments

• Options
    Hmm.. Lives in Houston, but English is not his first language (at least I hope not). He's got a TPI 15, TPI is just a box and isn't Xpanel a ******** thing? Has a lot of hints of spam.

I don't know. Clueless home owner too embarrassed to ask for help publicly? New programmer too embarrassed? To answer your question I haven't received any PMs, but your post count is high enough to get recognized!

Kevin D.
  • Options
    jjamesjjames Posts: 2,908
    I've not had any, which might be a good thing - since I don't know anything about hardware still! :eek:
  • Options
    mpullinmpullin Posts: 949
    jjames wrote: »
    I've not had any, which might be a good thing - since I don't know anything about hardware still! :eek:
    Maybe the spammers looked at your post count and thought: 'Hmm... this guy already knows about spam, better not try him'
  • Options
    jjamesjjames Posts: 2,908
    Hey now - vining and Dave have higher post counts than I . . .

Wonder if they get any spam! :D
  • Options
    ericmedleyericmedley Posts: 4,177
    shr00m-dew wrote: »
    your post count is high enough to get recognized!

Kevin D.

Maybe so, but I'm no Dave Hawthorne
  • Options
    DHawthorneDHawthorne Posts: 4,584
    I don't get those kind of PM's. I get questions on some of the modules I've posted, even some helpful bug reports. Once in a blue moon I get requests for advice on how to deal with something either design-wise or program-wise ... never anything I would characterize as support questions.