Home AMX User Forum AMX General Discussion
Options

New iPort FS-22

Just an FYI, for everyone. The new iPort Docking stations FS-22 (it's replacing the current table top models) doesn't com with the wallplates to send RS232 and audio over a single Cat5. So it is just basically a dock with RS-232 and Audio/Video out.

The communication protocol seems unchanged though.

Comments

• Options
    DigiMeDigiMe Posts: 59
    A Possible Issue With The FS22

I have been doing testing with the FS22 and so far it has been pretty solid. You can use RS-232 and IR simultaneously, plus you can use the Apple remote with it.

An issue I found, so far, on 2 FS22 units is this:

When you connect an older iPod to the dock (such as an iPod Mini), all seems to work fine. But, if you connect a iTouch, iPhone, and even a Third Gen Nano, this is what seems to happen.

--> You play a song and then you press "Pause". While pause, you select another song to play, the song begins to play but with no audio. You have to pause the newly selected song and then press play afterwards and then the audio comes back.

This did not happen on the very old iPods I use to test, but it seems to happen on 3rd gen forward.

If anyone has a different experience, please let me know.
  • Options
    bcirrisibcirrisi Posts: 148
    Jairo,

Are you using the AMX module or your own? We just plugged on into a system running the AMX module (not sure which verson), and all hell broke loose.
  • Options
    Spire_JeffSpire_Jeff Posts: 1,917
    Does the new dock charge the newest ipods? iPod Touch 2nd Gen specifically.

Jeff
  • Options
    bcirrisibcirrisi Posts: 148
    We have a 4th Gen in there now, that is charging. I put a 2nd gen iPod Mini in and that doesn't charge. Here is a link to the site for it,

http://www.iportmusic.com/iport-freestanding2.html