Home AMX User Forum AMXForums Archive Threads AMX Hardware
Options

NXT-CV7 Firmware Upgrade Issue

Hi all,

I'm relatively new to this forum, Its very informative and hopefully as my knowledge grows, I can contribute.

I do have a question:
I have recently bought 2 NXT-CV7's. When I attempted to do a firmware upgrade on one of the panels (via Ethernet) the transfer was going extremely show then failed half way through the second file.

Unfortunately now the upon boot the panel is stuck at a white screen :( I have tried the CF card from the other screen to no avail.

can someone please point me in the right direction on how to solve this one?

Cheers

Comments

• Options
    Spire_JeffSpire_Jeff Posts: 1,917
    I would call tech support. I seem to recall a firmware upgrade path that required upgrading incrementally if the panel firmware was old enough.

Jeff
  • Options
    cactuscactus Posts: 4
    Thanks for the reply Jeff, I'll likely give tech support a call.

Do you have any idea if you can connect to the panel using a low level interface via the headers on the Processor board or Compact flash board?
  • Options
    Spire_JeffSpire_Jeff Posts: 1,917
    I have not had the need, so I have not tried that. If it were me, calling tech support would be the first option in the situation you describe... unless the panel is out of warranty, then I might get adventurous, but the normally winds up costing me more in the long run :) .

Jeff
  • Options
    IshlachiIshlachi Posts: 34
    Any time I get a white screen, tech support sends a replacement CF card for the panel. The fact that you traded cards and still had same error probably means the panel will need to visit Richardson.
  • Options
    KennyKenny Posts: 209
    I did the exact same thing to a CV7 about a month ago. It had to visit Richardson.
    I had a second one that before I upgraded I call TS to see what the process was to get the FW updated. They told me to just download the version from the web and all should be fine. Unfortunately all was not fine and this TP also had to visit Richardson.
    I both cases they replaced the CF card.
  • Options
    cactuscactus Posts: 4
    Cheers all,

I had a little bit of a play today, Inside the screen, there is a little header which routes straight onto a max232 IC - in my view a little com port of some sort.

I made up a lead and had a look on boot.

The attached jpg is what I found. I since have been informed that this flash failed very early in the boot and may actually be a base board on the blink.

wouldn't have minded getting to the uboot screen to have a look around.

Anyway, looks like I'll be sending the screen back for repair.