Home AMX User Forum NetLinx Studio

Cisco Call Manager

Hi,
I was wondering if any one has interfaced with the Cisco Call Manager and IP phones.

We are in need of two way communications.

Regards
Craig

Comments

• sethollesetholle Posts: 66
    Cisco iP phones

After much work with cisco it was discovered it was not possible. Due to how cisco communicates via ip.
  • viningvining Posts: 4,368
    setholle wrote:
    After much work with cisco it was discovered it was not possible. Due to how cisco communicates via ip.
    I believe CallManager uses the Cisco "skinny" protocol but call manager could also support SIP. They have phones that can do either as well as phones that only work with call manager.

I've been working on getting my select certification so I can sell these systems and would be really bummed if they won't play together. Actually I was originally just trying to get access to the phones that support SIP but call manager with their availabe apps are pretty slick and would be real nice to integate with Outlook to display missed calls as incoming emails with the attached .wav file for the audio message. Customers could then retrieve messages left on their office, home lines or door stations via email on their Blackberry.
  • cmatkincmatkin Posts: 86
    I dont believe so.
    We will be getting it working within the next couple of months. After we have upgraded the Callmanager.
    It is all based around XML files.

******** have a module. We also have a few other competitors around us that can do it as well.

Regards
    Craig
  • viningvining Posts: 4,368
    The Cisco UC520 which uses Call Manager Express does have a VIC slot that can take a SIP truck module.

Here's a link that describes the procedure from www.UC500.com

http://uc500.com/connecting-uc520-sip-trunk-itsp-internet-telephony-service-provider-nexvortex
  • RajRaj Posts: 53
    Replace SIP Gateway with Cisco Call manager system?

Hello there,

I would like to know if its possible to replace the SIP gateway with the Cisco call manager system. I know its possible but i have no idea on how the cisco call manager can be configured. can any1 help me with the configuration. Its going to be expensive if we have to purchase SIP Gateway just to integrate a METECOM, 5200i and 2 Cisco IP Phones
    I'm using CISCO Unified communications manager V 6.1