Home AMX User Forum AMX General Discussion

G3 web control with multiple controllers

Hi,

I've set up a system, using 3 controllers, organized as 3 different systems (each for a different room), each with it's own touch PC, all conneted via IP. Everything works fine, except that on each of the systems, the end-of-session pop-up does not close (although, each when not inter-connected, does close the pop-up).

The 3 systems are inter-connected because they share access to Dynalite and EIB.

As far as I've understood, when the instruction to close the system is sent, the controller does "end", leaving the pop-up "in the limbo", waiting for the info to close down, which never happens).

Any idea why this is happening? It clearly has to do with the fact that all 3 controllers are connected.

Thanks
JayS

Comments

• RonenRonen Posts: 55
    JayS, can you post the command you are sending from one master to the other to close the popup?
  • DHawthorneDHawthorne Posts: 4,584
    Is the command to close the popup originating on a master that isn't connected to that panel? You may have to define all the panels on all the masters to make it work.
  • JaySJayS Posts: 9
    Problem solved

Guys,

Thank you all for spending a few moments to view my problem, and a particular thanks to those 2 that actually spent a little more answering.
    To solve the problem, I simply substituted the pop-up for a page - was it due to some delay on the ethernet network (dedicated to AMX), including a linksys switch?

Could it be solved some other way?
    anybody interested in seeing the level of G3 graphics employed?

JayS
  • RonenRonen Posts: 55
    JayS, did you just replace the "PPOF" command with a "PAGE" command and everything works?
    Can you answer DHawthorne Question?

Ronen
  • JaySJayS Posts: 9
    Sorry for not having come back sooner.
    Answering DHawthorne:
    Is the command to close the popup originating on a master that isn't connected to that panel?
    No, the command is on the master that is related to that panel.

You may have to define all the panels on all the masters to make it work.
    don't know if understood - each master has only one (dedicated) web panel.

It wasn't the command that was substituted, it was the actual graphic pop-up (for a page).

As mentioned, on all apps. made till this event, with one controller systems, the "end of session" popup has always worked, in this app, even if I only kept one controller in the system, it still didn't work.

Thanks
    JayS