Home AMX User Forum AMXForums Archive Threads AMX Hardware Matrix Distributed Audio

DAS-0404 how to initalize

Hello,

I don't have a lot of experience with AMX, therefore a need some help ;) with an DAS-0404 audio system. I am using the the duet module form AMX but I have problems with the starting up a communication between the controller and the audio matrix. What I don't now is how the communication between the controller and the DAS starts. From time to time the AMX animation logo appears and the communication starts between the controller and the DAS.

Thanks,

Ion

Comments

• Spire_JeffSpire_Jeff Posts: 1,917
    Did you try loading the test file that ships with the AMX Module? It should do everything necessary to get the unit working. After you verify that this works, you can then look at the code to see what you need to do. This will also let you know if your problems are in your code, or in the hardware setup.

Jeff
  • Spire_Jeff wrote: »
    Did you try loading the test file that ships with the AMX Module? It should do everything necessary to get the unit working. After you verify that this works, you can then look at the code to see what you need to do. This will also let you know if your problems are in your code, or in the hardware setup.

Jeff

Hi Jeff,

I tried and it is working. The problem is that when I change the GUI and add some new code, the module
    doesn't not start. Do I need to send some commands to the Matrix ?

Ion
  • Spire_JeffSpire_Jeff Posts: 1,917
    I'm not aware of anything special needed other than the DEFINE_MODULE statement. Check the documentation to verify that there are not send_commands you need to initialize things, but the device is RS-232 right? I would suggest changing one thing at a time until you break it, then figure out why that one thing broke it.

Jeff