Home AMX User Forum AMX General Discussion

Control company

Has anyone run into Visiomatic? It is a German company doing "high end" control systems.

Just curious.

Comments

• jjamesjjames Posts: 2,908
    Haven't heard of them, though the second Google link when I searched "visiomatic" was a rather entertaining title.
  • ericmedleyericmedley Posts: 4,177
    Colzie wrote: »
    Has anyone run into Visiomatic? It is a German company doing "high end" control systems.

Just curious.

I think we're going to see these kinds of things crawling out of the wood work. I've gotten calls/inquireies from 4 people this month where they were starting companies trying to do the same thing.

Too bad they only managed to get in touch with a crotchety old salty AMX programmer who's heard it all before...
  • ColzieColzie Posts: 470
    The most interesting thing to me is the dealer/installer can not program the system. The manufacturer has to program each system.
  • ericmedleyericmedley Posts: 4,177
    The most interesting thing to me is the dealer/installer can not program the system. The manufacturer has to program each system.

Sounds somewhat like the Savant model.
  • Been there done that...

http://www.isr-usa.com/default.aspx
  • joecjoec Posts: 55

Just curious.

They are new. I seen some of it in action. It is owned by http://www.siedleusa.com/ which is owned by Siedle Germany www.siedle.com

There are alot of these types of companies around. The good news is the Siedle access control systems are top notch and they are supposed to communicate well with visiomatic for a complete
    access control/ intercom/ automation system
  • jazzwyldjazzwyld Posts: 199
    Yep

I also was courted by the Visiomatic people. Siedle as an entry system is rock solid and some of the features they offer on their touch panels are great (panel to panel video + voip). Custom leather bound touch panels, much cheaper price etc etc etc. I think that are a neat product, but that's about as far as it goes.

I've asked to see the code and a working system and I'm greeted with hesitance and hope. I told them rather straight faced "It will be hard for you to compete without winning over the technical staff". We are the guys that make stuff work. Sure Savants sounds great and semi-looks great, but all of the windows I need to pop up on my mac to do a simple task and then am told that I never get to really see the code, simply won't work in my book. We had a rep come into our office trying to push Vity (a french system). We had been in a house with it and slow only begins to express my experience with that system.

I think there are solutions out there, but for us we are an AMX house and have no plans on changing it. I would caution pursuing new control systems. There is a reason world wide there are only two top dogs
  • joecjoec Posts: 55
    And on another note. Seidle has been working on a direct integration with AMX. I am not sure how far they got but its possible they stalled that as they now run there own automation company.

jazzwyld wrote: »
    I also was courted by the Visiomatic people. Siedle as an entry system is rock solid and some of the features they offer on their touch panels are great (panel to panel video + voip). Custom leather bound touch panels, much cheaper price etc etc etc. I think that are a neat product, but that's about as far as it goes.

I've asked to see the code and a working system and I'm greeted with hesitance and hope. I told them rather straight faced "It will be hard for you to compete without winning over the technical staff". We are the guys that make stuff work. Sure Savants sounds great and semi-looks great, but all of the windows I need to pop up on my mac to do a simple task and then am told that I never get to really see the code, simply won't work in my book. We had a rep come into our office trying to push Vity (a french system). We had been in a house with it and slow only begins to express my experience with that system.

I think there are solutions out there, but for us we are an AMX house and have no plans on changing it. I would caution pursuing new control systems. There is a reason world wide there are only two top dogs