Home AMX User Forum AMXForums Archive Threads AMX Hardware
Options

Use of a AXB-NET with NI3000

Hi All,

I have a potential application where I wish to use a AXB-NET to control an accent 3 in slave mode using an NI-3000 over ip. Like the small diagram below:

[ni-3000]
ip
[AXN-NET]---AXlink--[Accent3]

Im guessing there will have to be some code written where the NI-3000 pretents to be a virtual AXB-NET server and put the physical AXB-NET in client mode with the Accent3 hanging off the AXlink port.

Can this be done?

Cheers :)

Comments

• Options
    TurnipTruckTurnipTruck Posts: 1,485
    cactus wrote: »
    Hi All,

I have a potential application where I wish to use a AXB-NET to control an accent 3 in slave mode using an NI-3000 over ip. Like the small diagram below:

[ni-3000]
    ip
    [AXN-NET]---AXlink--[Accent3]

Im guessing there will have to be some code written where the NI-3000 pretents to be a virtual AXB-NET server and put the physical AXB-NET in client mode with the Accent3 hanging off the AXlink port.

Can this be done?

Cheers :)

I once extended Axlink over IP to an offsite G3 panel. I beleive that your application is similar. In my case I had one AXB-NET at each end of the IP circuit. One was set to master mode and connected via Axlink to an NI-700. The other was client mode and was connected to the G3 panel.

The server device must be set to a static, resolvable IP address. Port 1320 through your router gets forwarded to it. The client device get the server's IP entered in its configuration screen that you access through terminal. No additional code was necessary anywhere.
  • Options
    ryanwwryanww Posts: 196
    No one has a solution to emulate an AMB-NET with an actual NI controller.. as mentioned above, you have to use one of the AXB-NET boxes as the master unit with the AXLink Input connected and then the other AXB-NET as a slave and run the AXLink out.

It would be nice if someone was able to make a module that could emulate that though..