Home AMX User Forum AMXForums Archive Threads AMX Website/Forums

Introduction Sticky or Section?

I haven't a clue whether or not it'd be appropriate here - but what are everyone's thoughts on an "Introduction" sticky thread or section? I'm part of several other forums (not just a/v related) and it seems there is always a thread / section to welcome new members and allow them to introduce themselves - you know, to kinda break the ice.

I know when I first joined (about 5 years ago) I was completely afraid of posting anything on the forum, even questions. I've since (of course) gotten used to coming out and speaking my opinion / mind. But - I think, though not entirely certain, I'd jumped in quicker to the scene if there were a "welcoming" squad / section of sorts. I also know that on some sites there's a little "reminder" up on top that basically says "Hey, I've seen you not posted yet - why not yourself here" with a link to that thread / section.

I dunno, just an idea.

Comments

• ericmedleyericmedley Posts: 4,177
    I think a smilar thing has already been started in the FAQ. I suppose it would make sense to do what you ask. Anything to help the noobs. :)
  • mpullinmpullin Posts: 949
    We should call it DEFINE_START... useful for setting up buffers but most other commands uttered here will fall on deaf ears :-)
  • jjamesjjames Posts: 2,908
    mpullin wrote: »
    We should call it DEFINE_START... useful for setting up buffers but most other commands uttered here will fall on deaf ears :-)

LOL! Too good . . . haha!