Home AMX User Forum AMXForums Archive Threads AMX Hardware
Options

VPT-CP ?

Hello all
I just got handed an old VPT-CP panel and was asked if an IR file can be directly loaded into the panel and then transmit that IR code. I've only programmed 1 of these panels about 6-7 years back and I am by no means that knowledgeable of them.

Comments

• Options
    It is possible.
    Upto 3 IRLs can be downloaded (with 255 IR functions each), on device numbers 2, 3 and 4.
    To fire an IR function by a button, define the button to the corresponding device number and IR channel, this would work like a TO. You can also program IR macros to the buttons, but that's too long ago that I still can remember the way and syntax...

Small hint: if you create a VPT file, only 1 device is available. If you want to create a VPT file for using the IR ports, create a VPW/VPN file, and set the properties to "Devices Used 4"
  • Options
    Thomas HayesThomas Hayes Posts: 1,164
    Thanks Marc, I'll give it a try.
  • Options
    DarksideDarkside Posts: 345
    It is possible.
    Upto 3 IRLs can be downloaded (with 255 IR functions each), on device numbers 2, 3 and 4.
    To fire an IR function by a button, define the button to the corresponding device number and IR channel, this would work like a TO. You can also program IR macros to the buttons, but that's too long ago that I still can remember the way and syntax...

Small hint: if you create a VPT file, only 1 device is available. If you want to create a VPT file for using the IR ports, create a VPW/VPN file, and set the properties to "Devices Used 4"
    ..and if you need to control extra devices, edit up an IRL with other manufacturer device codes in it and issue the corresponding button nums.